Chapter Five

Amber felt she must do something, to stop Jonas from retiring. She couldn't just sit back and let it happen. She knew how much he meant to his fans - after all, she was one of them.

Amber spent the next day brainstorming ideas. If only she could show Jonas what he meant to his fans, she might just be able to change his mind.

Meanwhile, Jonas had an interview with a top newspaper, after he announced his retirement.

The reporter sat down with Jonas to ask him some questions.

"So, Jonas," the female reporter said. "What made you want to head into retirement?"

Jonas sighed. "I've pretty much done all there is to do, and besides, I'm absolutely exhausted."

"I understand. So do you have one last treat for fans before you retire?"

Jonas nodded. "I certainly do. There will be a new single coming out very soon."

The reporter put her phone away, which she had been using to record the interview. "Thank you, Jonas, and good luck with the rest of your life."

"Thank you, and it was nice talking to you." He got up and shook her hand.

Amber came racing into the living room, just as the reporter was leaving. She grabbed her laptop from the coffee table.

"You okay, Amber?" asked Jonas.

"Uh... yeah," said Amber. Then she promptly went back to the bedroom.

Strange, thought Jonas, but he shrugged it off.

***

Amber opened her laptop and navigated to Twitter. She knew she had work to do.

She decided to send a Tweet out to all Jonas' fans.

Hi guys. Amber here. As you know, Jonas is retiring. As fans, we cannot let this happen. So please record a video of yourself explaining what Jonas means to you using the hashtag #WeLoveYouJonas. That way we'll be able to show him how he has an impact in all of our lives and hopefully make him rethink his decision! Thank you! Amber.

There, it was sent. Hopefully she would get enough responses to make a great video showing Jonas how much he meant to all his fans.

Jonas came into the bedroom looking happy with himself.

"What are you so happy about?" asked Amber, snaking her arms around his waist.

"I'm just so looking forward to retiring," said Jonas, and kissed her softly.

Amber felt a pang of regret. Had she done the right thing? But then she thought about how Jonas' fans needed him.

She had definitely done the right thing.