chapter 5

when Amy went to check on Marie and once she opened the door Amy walked in then saw Marie was gone.
Amy: guys we have a problem Marie's gone!
Sonic/Scourge: WHAT?! they both ran upstairs to see Marie was gone and they knew Shadow would go crazy.
Scourge: so who's going to tell Shadow cause i'm not getting destroyed.
Sonic: something tells me he already knows. they all heard yelling which made them scared for a minute and looked outside to see he was raging made.
Amy: yeah he's really mad we should stay clear until Shadow's calm.

*hours later*

everyone was searching for Marie then they found her necklace on the ground Silver held it in his hand.
Silver: guys i found something.
Rouge: what did you find?
Silver: Marie's moon stone necklace she never takes this off. we gotta find her now who knows what could happen to her.
Omega: i found trackes it seems Marie was being carried by someone and her hand dragged along the ground.
Shadow: let's find her Marie could be scared right now. while the others search they tried to find Marie as best as they could but worried about her.

*with Marie*

Marie was slowly regaining consciousness as she woke and saw that she was in some kind of temple, she tried to move but Marie saw that her hands and feet were tied together she was starting to get scared. then Marie saw the shadowy figure from before and she started to get scared.
Mephiles: i see you are awake my dear. Mephiles stepped out of the shadows and Marie saw him she started to get even more scared.
Marie: y your Mephiles you look just like Shadow. please just let me go i don't understand why you kidnapped me.
Mephiles: simple my dear i want Shadow to join me so we can bring the destruction of this world, you how ever ate just to gain his cooperation. (chuckles) you are quite the specimen though it'd be a shame to have you all damaged. Marie was shaking as she felt tears in her eyes then hoped the others would find her fast then an explosion happened Marie saw it was the other but got taken away and was tied but dark vines which also covered her mouth Marie struggled against them.
Mephiles: it's no use my dear you'll never escape those vines.
Shadow: let her go Mephiles. Marie tried to say Shadow's name but it came out muffled due to the vine.
Sonic: leave Marie out of this she has nothing to do with this.
Silver: Marie just hold on we're gonna get you out i promise. Marie nodded then felt the vines tighten their grip on her as she screamed from the pain then out of no where Knuckles cut the vines and Marie gasped for air, as she fell to the ground and felt her restraints come off.
Blaze: you alright?
Marie: yeah i'm fine but it's Shadow, Sonic and Silver i'm more worried about.
Amy: they can do this they've done it before.

the guys were all fighting Mephiles and Marie saw something coming towards Shadow.
Marie: Shadow look out! Marie pushed Shadow out of the way and a pillar landed on her Marie was crushed under it the pillar turned into rubble Marie's hand was the only thing sticking out.
Shadow: no!
Silver: Marie! Shadow looked at the guys and they all were surrounded by the chaos emeralds then turned into their super forms and defeated Mephiles, once he was defeated everyone was digging Marie out then Shadow held her close to him.
Shadow: Marie please open your eyes please just wake up. Marie coughed and she was barely moving a bit.
Marie: S Shadow?
Shadow: i'm here but what were you thinking your injured.
Marie: some people do crazy things when their in love and i love you Shadow The Hedgehog. Marie's eyes closed and she went a bit limp in Shadow's arms but he held her close and knew what to do.
Shadow: i am taking Marie to G.U.N they can help her.
Rouge: Omega and i are coming too.

(a/n: i am changing Green Hills to Mobius)

*at G.U.N*

Shadow ran in and told the Commander what happened Commander Towers gently took Marie as he went to take her to the infirmary.
CT: i promise you Shadow she will be alright. Marie was hooked up to a heart monitor and she had a oxygen mask on so she could breath. Shadow sat down beside her while holding Marie's hand he did not want to leave her side Shadow worried about her.
Shadow: what were you thinking Marie your like this now because of what you did, please get better soon i hope you wake up. Shadow stayed by Marie's side until she woke up and hoped to see her emerald eyes open again.

*three weeks later*

Rouge was visiting Marie and she was worried about her best friend.
Shadow: i'm glad you came Rouge.
Rouge: i know i just can't help but worry about her it's been two weeks and Marie still hasn't waken up yet i never thought she'd be this deep in a coma, just please wake up Marie we really miss you honey. right before Shadow could say anything they both heard a groan and saw that Marie was moving more it was like she was having a nightmare.
Shadow: Marie calm down we're right here i promise just listen to my voice. Marie calmed down then both Shadow and Rouge saw something on Marie's neck it was traveling through her body, the Commander had Marie moved into a capsule where she could be helped and whatever is spreading through body won't spread any farther.
CT: it seems Mephiles had put something inside Marie we're trying hard to remove it. but there is something i need you two to do.
Shadow: and that is sir?
CT: your friend Blaze could help have her and Silver help you find something from Doctor Eggman he might have something to stop this.
Rouge: yes sir come on Shadow. they both left and Shadow took one last look at Marie before they left.

*at a cave*

Shadow: are you sure this is the place Blaze?
Blaze: positive there is an ancient jewel that could help clear the infecting darkness inside Marie. they all walked inside the cave and had to fight some of Eggman's minions in order to get the jewel.
Rouge: i got it now let's go.
Jet: not so fast hand over the jewel and we won't have to fight.
Shadow: go away Jet we need this it's to help Marie she has darkness inside her body, and if don't it out she'll die.
Jet: then let us give you a ride. they all got on the ship and made it back in time to G.U.N HQ Rouge gave the jewel to the scientists nad they put the jewel into a slot which made the darkness go away in Marie's body.
CT: we're going to have to keep her here just in case but i shall let you know if there are any changes.
Shadow: thank you Commander.

*mini time skip*

days had passed and progress was made as the darkness had left Marie's body then Shadow was in front of the tank that held Marie, he put his hand on the glass then saw that Marie had done the same she was waking up. Shadow saw that Marie was awake and she looked at Shadow he gotten a scientist and Rouge came over with something to help Marie cover herself, once the tanked was drained it opened and Marie was laying on her side while coughing Rouge came over and covered Marie with the blanket.
Marie: what happened where am i?
CT: your safe here i'm Commander Towers it's a pleasure to finally meet you Marie.
Marie: you as well sir but how did i get here the last thing i remember was oh god my memory is a little fuzzy right now.
CT: it's alright best you head home and get plenty of rest you need to recover. Marie nodded and had help getting up Rouge guided Marie and got her something to wear so they could go home.