chapter 9

Eclipse had made it to the safe house and Marie was out into a room while she was holding her necklace and remembered what, her family taught her Marie went outside and sat down on the ground while looking at the moon. Marie began to sing the song her and her Grandma used to sing together.

Wolves asleep amidst the trees
Bats all a swaying in the breeze
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing no* manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
For your dolly Polly sleep has flown
Don't dare let her tremble alone
For the witcher, heartless, cold
Paid in coin of gold
He comes he'll go leave naught behind
But heartache and woe
Deep, deep woe
Birds* are silent for the night
Cows turned in as daylight dies
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing no* manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
My dear dolly Polly shut your eyes
Lie still, lie silent, utter no cries
As the witcher, brave and bold
Paid in coin of gold
He'll chop and slice you
Cut and dice you
Eat you up whole
Eat you whole

after Marie finished singing she heard clapping behind her and saw it was Scourge she smiled at him and he sat down next to her.
Scourge: you alright?
Marie: not really Scourge i just don't feel so good there was something up with that metal that stabbed me, like a dark energy was around it almost close to Dark Gaia. i'm scared i could end up like Sonic.
Scourge: i won't let that happen but if you did just try to keep calm and never loose sight of your trueself. Marie looked at Scourge then leaned her head on his shoulder they have been really close like a brother and sister would be, they both went inside and went inside the safe house while the others were busy fighting.
Marie: (holds head) oh i don't feel so good?
Fiona: go lay down and i'm sure you'll be alright. Marie nodded and went to lay down but felt like her whole body was on fire Marie looked up too see the moon and she was hurting like crazy.
Marie: wha what's happening too me? Marie saw her hand changing and she was getting even more scared. once the transformation was done she howled which scared everyone.
Eclipse: what was that?
Antoine: a wolf perhaps?
Fiona: maybe but i'm going to check on Marie to make sure she's alright. Fiona went to the room where Marie was staying in and saw claw marks she moved her hand over the claw marks, and saw the claw marks were huge.
Fiona: guys get in here Marie's gone. the everyone all ran in and saw that Marie was truly gone.

Eclipse: (notices claw marks) were these always here?
Fiona: no i just found those claw marks.
Bunnie: we need to find Marie now.
Sally: agreed we'll slipt into three teams and remember contact the others once you've find her. they all agreed and went to search for Marie they all followed tracks then went their seperate ways. Scourge and Fiona were searching for Marie then they both saw something on a tree Scourge took it and saw it was dark grey fur.
Scourge: this is definetly Marie's fur she has silver fur it must've darkened.
Fiona: and i look at this (picks up necklace) this is the choker i gave her must've snapped when she changed, oh Shadow is going to kill us if he finds out about this!
Scourge: we'll find her i promise Fi now come on let's find Marie before she gets hurt. right before they heard a growl and jumped out of the way before they could get attacked, they both saw it was Marie and she was growling at them.
Fiona: Marie calm down it's alright it's us Fiona and Scourge please calm down we're going to help you. Marie began to calm down and held her head as she fell to her knees.
Scourge: you alright?
Marie: no i feel like a monster if Shadow saw me like this he'd hate me.
Shadow: i wouldn't say that. everyone saw him walking over and Marie's ears fell down a bit everyone was in Tails's lab as he was trying to figure things out.

*at Tails's lab*

Tails: it seems there was a bit of Dark Gaia left and now it's inside Marie.
Marie: must've been when i got stabbed by the metal i knew i felt something wrong with it.
Sally: how do we get it out of Marie?
Tails: that i don't know.
Sonic: when it happened to me Dark Gaia took it from me and let's just say it really hurt, and left me exhausted.
Amy: because you had Chip beside you but he's asleep and we can't find him.
Sonic: we need to find a way to cure Marie or else she'll be stuck like this.
Scourge: no way is that happening i am not letting my baby sister stay like this if i find out Eggman did this, then i am going to pumble him into the ground.
Silver: not alone your not.
Sonic: agreed. Shadow you in?
Shadow: (smirks) for once this is something i agree with you three on.
Marie: what about me?
Bunnie: no you need to stay here so no one she's you like this.
Marie: a little late i think Orbot and Cubot already told Eggman they ran when they saw me, i didn't mean to scare them it's not my fault i look so scary.

Antoine: fear not Marie we will help you.
Marie: thanks Antoine.
Rouge: the sun will be up soon so get some sleep. Marie went to her room and laid down then once the sun came up Marie had turned back to normal she was still sleeping, then felt something on her cheek which woke her up to see it was her boyfriend.

*next day*

Marie rubbed her eyes and saw Shadow looking down on her with a smile.
Shadow: there's my beautiful girl. Marie giggled and stretched a bit as she yawned.
Marie: ugh i am still tired last night was not fun i'm sorry if i got scared about telling you Shadow.
Shadow: it's alright but we're going to find a way to turn you back to normal, i promise now come on i'm sure we can find something that will help you.
Marie: okay thanks Shadow but i'm afraid that you'll end up like me.
Shadow: if i do then you won't be alone.
Marie: the transformation made become more of a wolf my tail had gotten longer and i now have paws.
Shadow: i can only imagine if i got scratched it would turn me as well.

*later that night*

the moon was out and Marie was transforming as she screamed Shadow was beside her and held Marie close as she changed, then looked up at Shadow as he looked at Marie with love in his eyes.
Shadow: Marie if you scratch me i will be fine just fon't harm the others. can you do that? Marie nodded since she couldn't talk anymore it was weird for her to walk on all fours but Marie managed.
Amy: oh whoa!
Sonic: Marie what happened to you?
Shadow: she can't talk Sonic not in this form anyway but Marie told me the transformation changed for her, we need to find a cure for her now. and if i find out Eggman did this he's going to be begging for mercy. Marie nudged Shadow on his back and he looked at her then held Marie's head in his hands.
Blaze: she doesn't liekt he idea Shadow so please calm yourself go and see if he did this too her. take Marie with you she could help. they all went to Eggman's base and Marie was giving Fiona and Sally a ride on her back the same with Amy and Bunnie.
Scourge: alright Doc tell the truth did you do this too Marie?
Eggman: oh oops that may have been a slight side effect my machine used a little, of Dark Gaia's energy and didn't realise it would do that too Marie. my bad but on the bright side it wasn't Ibilis. Marie growled at Eggman then felt a hand on her head as she calmed down from Fiona scratching behind her ear, as she kneeled down and let the girls down then walked over to Scourge as she nudged him.
Scourge: easy sis just change her back Eggman it's obvious Marie doesn't like this.
Eggman: i'm sure i can build something that would reverse the process until then keep her inside so she doesn't, get out or go on a rampage.

Sally: the only one she'll hurt is you Eggman. Marie growled and laid down so the girls could get a ride and Marie ran back to the house.
Rouge: Marie calm down your probably hungry. Marie looked at Rouge and heard her stomach growl which made her blush.
Bunnie: how about something filling. Marie nodded and Bunnie brought over something for Marie as she began eating then let out a big burp.
Fiona: whew Bunnie what did you feed her?
Bunnie: some left overs from the other night and Marie seemed to have gotten filled up. now come on Marie let's get you too your lab so you can sleep. after the girls all got a spot all set up for Marie she fell asleep the girls all left to let Marie sleep, but the door opened and Shadow walked over to Marie as he sat down next to her.
Shadow: pleasent dreams my beautiful star. Marie moved her paw around Shadow as he leaned his back against Marie as he went to sleep, the love between Shadow and Marie nothing could ever break them apart. soon the sun rose up and Marie was turning back to normal.