chapter 7

the others were trying to find Marie then heard a scream knowing it was their friend.
Scourge: Marie where are you?
Marie: (screams) get away from me you pyscho!
Fiona: ooh consider Shadow a lucky man.
Scourge: tell me about it come on we gotta find her and if we know our friends they're on their way. mostly Shadow considering how mad he is right now. they both heard an explosion to see it was the Dark Team.
Rouge: they should be in the lab come on. they all ran for it and saw what was going on.
Marie: Ngh you won't get away with this Eggman i know the others will stop you! but the question is why turn me into a Mobian i'm happy the way i am, (moves against binds) and you wouldn't know what to turn me into.
Eggman: oh but i do you see i plan to make you like Tails.
Marie: your going to turn me into a fox yeah right your bluffing your probably going to turn me into a hedgehog.
Orbot: a hedgehog would suit her better.
Eggman: actually your right she would look better that wa.
Marie: me and my big mouth. you still the guys are going to hurt you most likely Shadow considering how your grandfather made him, if you think turning me into a hedgehog will get you the emeralds your nuts. Eggman pushed the button and the process began as Marie screamed from the pain and saw everyone coming as they jumped down.
Scourge: let her go!
Marie: Scourge. (screams) you have to stop the machine before the transformation is complete hurry! Scourge and Fiona went to stop the machine but one of the robots got thrown into it and only sped up the process as Marie screamed from the pain, once it was off they were too late Marie was now a hedgehog.

Shadow: Marie what have you've done too her Eggman!
Eggman: i was only trying to help her there was a disease in her body Marie had no idea she was sick the whole time, so i cured her but the transformation was the only way. i'm afraid there is no way to fix it not even any other scientist could reverse what happened to her. Shadow let go of Eggman as he walked over to Marie and held her close in his arms then Marie's eyes slowly fluttered open and saw Shadow above her.
Marie: S Shadow is it over?
Shadow: it's over but Marie promise me you won't freak out?
Marie: what're you talking about? Cubot walked over and held up a mirror as Marie looked at herself she couldn't believe what had happened to her, tears filled her eyes as she cried then Shadow held her close.
Shadow: i'm sorry but we were too late we can't reverse what happened to you.
Marie: you mean i'm stuck like this no and i heard what Eggman said i was never sick unless i don't believe it my own Mom lied to me, i had a disease this whole time when i turned fifteen. she lied too me (cries) no it's not true it can't be true! Marie ran out of Eggman's base as she was hiding in the woods while crying Marie had her head on her arms while crying then heard something.
Shadow: Marie come out i promised you i would always be there and i will. Marie walked away and wanted to be alone.

*in the cave*

Marie was crying again as she made a fire to help keep her warm then saw something in the fire which was her past, then saw a spirit of her Mom.
Mia: sweetheart your friends are worried about you.
Marie: unlike when you lied to me about being sick i was just like Maria i had a disease and now look at me! i'm like this because you lied too me Mom why keep this from me!
Mia: it was a problem your father and i both tried to find a cure too help you, we looked to Professor Gerald Robotnik's research but we were too late, you've had your disase since you were thirteen.
Marie: but why lie too me?
Mia: i wanted my little girl to have a happy life and now i see you found someone you love, go too him he's still out there looking for you. Mia's spirit left and Marie went to search for Shadow as she was yelling his name.
Shadow: Marie?
Marie: Shadow. Marie walked too him then it began to rain as they both were under a tree to try and keep dry.
Shadow: why did you run?
Marie: i'm sorry but i needed my space and i saw my Mom my magic must've brought her here, she told me the truth and i was angry for no reason. i'm really sorry Shadow can you ever forgive me?
Shadow: i already have now hold onto me i'm going to get us home. Marie put her arms around Shadow's shoulders as she held onto him then Shadow used cahos control to get home.

*at the house*

Shadow: go get dried off your still soaked from the rain.
Marie: alright but is there anything i should worry about other than Mephiles?
Shadow: not at the moment no but for now go get some rest it's been a long day. Marie nodded and went up to her room as she had showered and got into dry clothes thanks to Rouge and the girls Marie now had new clothes since her old ones no longer fit her, Marie held the picture of her and her family since she missed them so much. there was a knock on the door and Marie told whoever it was to come in it was Scourge he walked over and sat down next to Marie.
Scourge: you doing alright?
Marie: no not really i was just thinking of my family i really miss them.
Scourge: look your not the only one who lost somebody both me and Ant did we both lost our Dads. my old man brought peace to my world but i left that place cause well i wanted to do something different Fiona left with me, i'm lucky to have her with me but listen Marie the point is your not alone. your oldman is still looking down on you the same with your Mom and grandparents. Marie felt tears in her eyes then hugged Scourge as he hugged her back.
Marie: i don't know why Scourge but you've felt like a big brother too me even Sonic, Silver and Antoine while the firls all felt like sisters too me. thanks for being there for me guys.
Scourge: your welcome now get some sleep you got bags under your eyes. Marie nodded and went to sleep Scourge gently laid Marie down and she was all comfy in bed.

Shadow: i heard everything if you even think about taking my girl your dead.
Scourge: relax would ya Marie became like a sister too me she's officially my little sister besides i want to protect her too, i know there is something going to happen you better tell her. or you might loose Marie and i don't want to see her heart broken cause then you'll be the one in recovery. Shadow thought long and hard he knew he had to tell Marie the truth about one thing.
Shadow: (sigh) i hope you won't be mad at me Marie but it's time you learned the truth. Shadow walked into Marie's room as he gently shook her and she woke up to see Shadow standing next to her bed.
Marie: Shadow (yawns) what's wrong?
Shadow: there is something i need to tell you Marie. Marie sat up and looked at Shadow as he sat down on the edge of Marie's bed. then got ready to tell Marie about everything.
Shadow: listen i wasn't the only one who was created there is truth behind my creation Professor Gerald Robotnik had help from an alien known as Black Doom, and someone else was created too his name is Eclipse the Darkling i want you to stay away from him Marie. i don't want him near you so please promise you'll stay away from Eclipse.
Marie: i promise Shadow but what if he isn't a bad guy?
Shadow: rather not chance it just please stay away from him.
Marie: alright i promise for you Shadow. Marie yawned and went back to sleep Shadow smiled at her and kissed Marie on her forehead then walked out of her room.

*mini time skip*

Marie was outside at her quiet place while playing her orcarina then heard something hoping it was either of the guys but she saw a small creature next to her.
Marie: hello where did you come from? the small creature looked like a music note but only had one eye but Marie heard another voice and hid up the tree, as she saw it was Eclipse the one Shadow warned her about. she stayed quiet so Eclipse wouldn't find her but suddenly got knocked out of the tree and fell on the ground.
Marie: that really hurt.
Eclipse: so it seems i found a little hedgehog.
Marie: (gasp) no stay away from me I've already been through enough! right as Marie was about to run Eclipse grabbed her and she screamed and looked at the darkling.
Eclipse: i know the Dark Team will come looking for you.
Marie: i'm not even on their team let me go! youe messing with a wiccan! Marie used her magic and it zapped Eclipse as he let go of Marie and she ran for it then jumped into a tree and used an invisiblity spell so he wouldn't find her again. once Eclipse passed the tree Marie undid the spell and let out a breath of relief.