chapter 6

it had been days since Marie had came home she was playing her orcarina then heard the others talking.
Marie: you guys know i'm right here and i can hear you.
Sonic: well it's not important right now. but what're you doing out here?
Marie: i needed some air i was getting tired of being in my room so i came outside to ger some fresh air, and playing my orcarina it helped calm my nerves. but i should head back i have a few side projects to work on. just as Marie was about too leave she felt someone grab her wrist and saw it was Silver.
Marie: what is it Silver?
Silver: your still recovering just take it easy Marie.
Marie: now your starting to sound like my Grandpa but look i'm fine whatever Mephiles put in me is gone, i'm fine and he's gone so please don't worry about me guys i'm alright.
Scourge: we can't help but worry about you. i mean Shadow was raging when you were kidnapped we all gave him space but Shadow really cares about you Marie, but still remembers what you said to him.
Marie: what that i love him (blushes) well it's true but i highly doubt he feels the same about me, Shadow is away on a mission with Rouge and Omega for G.U.N so i'm here with you guys. Marie went inside and walked up to her room then sat down on the bed as she held the charm of her necklace then remembered what her Dad told her.
Marie: keep strong and never loose sight of whats important keep those you care about close. (sigh) i just wonder if Shadow does feel the same but he might feel guilty about what happened we didn't know, all that was going to happen i won't let him blame himself. Marie grabbed her sketch book and went down to the living room as she began sketching out something, she was working on something which was a picture of Maria Marie remembered how she looked from what Shadow showed her.

after sometime it got late and Marie fell asleep on the couch the door opened both Shadow and Rouge walked in they both saw Marie asleep.
Rouge: looks like someone was waiting and i think she was drawing quite a bit.
Shadow: i'm going to take Marie too bed (gently shakes Marie) Marie wake up.
Marie: Mmm Shadow Rouge (yawns) your back early i thought you were coming back in a few weeks?
Rouge: the mission ended early.
Shadow: come on head to bed I'll take you. Marie nodded and followed Shadow as he took her up to bed and Marie laid down as she went to sleep, after Marie was asleep in her bed Shadow looked at her and went downstairs.
Rouge: it looks like Marie was busy (gathers up drawings) i think you should see this one. Shadow walked over and saw the one of Maria his eyes softend at the drawing.
Shadow: Marie has almost been here for a year.
Rouge: we can dicuss this with the others in the morning right now it's late so come on let's head up to bed, even a girl like me needs her beauty sleep.

*next day*

everyone was talking and saw that Marie was busy fixing up her lab she was on the roof fixing things up, then finished up the roof as she began painting.
Bunnie: Marie said that her grandparents were going to take her to see some floating lanterns, what if we did that for her.
Antoine: Bunnie you are brilliant my love.
Amy: alright we can get to work on the lanterns but someone has to keep Marie busy.
Rouge: leave it too me i can take her shopping to find something to wear for the surprise while the rest of you are busy, let me know if anything happens let's do this. everyone went to do their own thing and Rouge walked over to Marie's lab.
Marie: look out Rouge! Rouge flew out of the way as she was flying next to Marie.
Rouge: what're you doing?
Marie: just giving my lab a good coat of paint the old place needed it especially after i fixed it up.
Rouge: i see but maybe you should get cleaned up i'm taking you out for the day the others will be busy, so how about it.
Marie: alright but if it's a party i already have a dress it was from my Mom she got it for my fifteenth birthday. once Marie got cleaned up her and Rouge went to enjoy some girl time.

*later that night*

Rouge was helping Marie get ready then they both went downstairs.
Shadow: Marie you look beautiful.
Marie: thank you Shadow this dress belonged was from my mom.
Rouge: she had great taste.

Shadow: (pulls out choker) this is for you Marie i found it when we went to help you

Shadow: (pulls out choker) this is for you Marie i found it when we went to help you. Marie kneeled down and moved her hair out of the way so Shadow could put the choker on her neck, then they both left.
Marie: good thing i'm wearing flats cause wearing heels would not be a good idea when it comes to walking in the grass.
Rouge: that's a good idea especially if their high heels. Marie nodded and walked with Shadow as he was guiding her and Marie had her eyes closed as she was holding Shadow's hand, Marie almost tripped which made them both laugh a bit.
Shadow: you okay?
Marie: yeah i'm fine just tripped a bit.
Shadow: we're almost there just a bit longer.
Marie: i'm being patient Shadow but i'm scared i'm going to twist my ankle.

*at the lake*

Marie opened her eyes and saw a boat at the dock then walked over to it with Shadow he climbed into the boat first, and he held out his hand to Marie she took it then climbed into the boat as she sat down. the boat was moving to the middle of the lake then Rouge gave everyone the signal.
Marie: Shadow what's going on i'm so confused?
Shadow: you'll see it's going to be special i promise. while Marie was looking at the water she saw lights and noticed what it was, Marie was shocked and looked at the lanterns. then looked at Shadow as he smiled at her Marie saw a lantern was about to land in the water she gave it a boost as it flew away.
Shadow: Marie these two were made for us. Marie took the one made for her and they both let them go as the lanterns flew off together then they both went to shore and got out of the boat Marie, saw a little picnic blanket on the ground and lmore lanterns the one that hang. Marie sat down and Shadow down next to her as they watched the lanterns fly in the sky.
Marie: i never thought i would get to see this my parents took me when i was a baby but i don't remember it they told me when i was older they'd do this with me again. but my grandparents wanted to take me before i left for college sadly that never happened.
Shadow: this was Bunnie's idea this was the surprise everyone was working on and it has almost been a year since you've been here, so we wanted to make you feel more welcomed. Marie looked at Shadow and kissed his cheek which made his eyes widen and he looked at Marie as she giggled at him.
Marie: i'm happy that everyone did this for me i'm happy they did this reminds of all the happy memories with my family.
Shadow: Marie why did you just kiss me on the cheek?

Marie: well it was too thank you for doing this Shadow, and also cause i love you. i understand if you don't feel the same about me. Marie laid down and turned away as Shadow was looking at her then he put his hand on Marie's shoulder, then she looked at him Marie sat up as they both looked at each other.
Shadow: Marie the feeling is mutal i couldn't stop thinking about what happened when Mephiles captured you, i was afraid he'd hurt you i'm just glad your here with me. but i want you to know i love you as well. Marie blushed as she leaned against Shadow's shoulder while they enjoyed the lanterns.

*tiny time skip*

it was another day and Marie woke up with a smile on her face then went outside cause it was a new day.
Marie: (yawns) what a great morning. Marie was about to go inside until she heard yelling and knew it was the guys fighting Marie went to stop them, as she stopped Sonic, Scourge and Shadow from fighting along with killing each other.
Marie: Fiona please do something with your boyfriend please Amy Sally do something with Sonic.
Fiona: come on babe just break it up.
Amy: agreed it's too early for this. Marie went inside and went to do her daily routine. then heard fighting outside only to see it was a metal hedgehog and it looked at Marie.
Marie: ahh guys a little help please i have a robot chasing me! Omega jumped in front of Marie and started shooting Metal Sonic then Marie got grabbed by her waist and saw it was Eggman, she screamed from being grabbed and yelled for everyone.
Shadow: Marie!
Marie: Shadow help me! Shadow was knocked back into a tree and Marie yelled his name.

*at Eggman's base*

Marie: let me go Eggman!
Eggman: i don't think so your going to be the first to experience my new invention. one that can turn a human into a Mobian. Marie got scared and struggled against the robots but nothing was working then was thrown into a cell as she was scared.