Chapter 2

Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win,
By fearing to attempt.
-Shakespeare

"It will be alright. It will be alright," I chant in my mind.

But no matter how much I try to get used to the taunting voices in the background, I can never be desensitized to them.

"Whore"

"Oh, look, an ugly bitch is here."

"Is your father back yet?"

"Did he leave because your mother is a slut?"

Every word and every piece of dirt they put in my way hurts like a bitch, but they don't need to know that. I learned to school my expressions by wearing a facade.

Ignoring the sweet, welcoming words I am being showered with, I make my way to the classroom.

Suddenly, a hand pushed me. I stumbled back but caught myself before I kissed the floor. I can't risk my first kiss after all. I saw a tall and lean figure with long blonde curls and  gray eyes standing in front of me. Oh, for the sake of god, not this bitch again.

"Hello Ms. Ugly duckling," that's what they call me here.

I rolled my eyes at the sh*t they have been repeating to welcome me. I tried to ignore her and move past her, but she likes it rough, I guess.

"Look at the bitch being all sassy now," she says, smirking at me in a loud and high-pitched voice to get attention from all the students. Such an attention-seeker. She likes being in the spotlight, and I don't, but she needs to taste her shit now.

"Get out of my way, Kia. Don't you have anything important to do??"I said it with a bored tone.

"Mind your tongue, you fucking bitch. I think you forgot the lesson you learned two years ago." She said with an evil smile and sparkling eyes that she loves seeing people in pain. I stiffen with memories of the incident that took my soul away and left me hollow behind.

'No, don't let her get to you, Ami,' I tell myself in mind.

Don't give them what they want.

I smiled at her, feigning nonchalance, and said in a calm voice, "If I forgot so effortlessly, then you need to up your game, baby. You can do better, you know." I moved past her, leaving her fuming at my lack of reaction. Oh, how much I love that expression of hers.

As I entered the classroom, I looked at the familiar faces I had been seeing for the past few years. I took the desk in the corner at the back. I settled myself and put on my earphones, ignoring the chaos going on. The hairs on my neck prickle feeling eyes on me. I looked up to find out the source but found no one. Considering it an illusion, I busied myself in my own world. From the corner of my eye, I see a silhouette coming towards me. Keeping my eyes on my phone I try to avoid the person invading my personal space.
Frowning, I looked up. My breath hitched, finding light blue eyes staring more than glaring at me. Beautiful and empty eyes. Emptier than mine. Taller than anyone else in school, with a strong, well-built muscular body and tanned skin.

Ian Castillo.

The most handsome face I have seen in 17 years of my existence. His navy blue school jacket shines, making mine look dull. His white shirt sticks to his body like another layer of skin, and his pressed black trousers make him look like he walked out of a fashion show. Chiseled face with a jaw as sharp as a knife, high cheekbones, and those lips

Okay, not going there. A smirk plays on his lips, telling me he is enjoying me drooling all over him. His eyes were holding mine like they were meant to stare into his. Everything disappears in the background.

"Good morning, young people," a very cheerful voice from Mrs.Stone jolted me out of the hypnotic eyes and made us break eye contact. Ian moved past me and settled on the desk behind me. I bit my tongue to come out of the maze I was lost in.

What the hell was that?

"Listen childern. It's already the senior year of high school. I hope some sleepyheads are up already." The class burst out in giggles. Mrs. Stones always makes her surroundings comfortable. She's like Sunshine, making everyone around her as happy as herself.

"Let's start a very interesting assignment this year." This time, groans are heard from the class. I may not be a straight A student, but Mrs.Stone never makes me feel less deserving.

I shift to my place, feeling a continuous stare burning in my back. I'm not able to understand his sudden approach for the first time in these years. Being the golden boy of St. Paul's high school, you can either be his friend or enemy; no one is in between. And I think I fall on the enemy side for obvious reasons. I sometimes find him glaring at me like I have slapped his girlfriend in the face. Does he have one? I don't know. I always avoid the spotlight, especially people who can bring me under the spotlight. I forced myself to divert my attention to the discussion going on in class for the upcoming assignment.

"I'll have the names classified in pairs until next class. I expect you people to work hard." Okay, that's going to be a hectic one for me, as I barely know who would want to be in a pair with me. Ugh!

God, give me some strength.

(A/N: Guys, this was the second chapter.
Do vote if you liked thestory. 
Let me know in the comments how it's going.)