Chapter 28

Third person POV:-

Her entire life fell apart in a matter of minutes. In front of her, her own existence is blurry. Her mother, who isn't really her mother, gave her a wound that seems like a black hole.

She's lost once more.

Since two years ago, she has been lost.

Not knowing where to go, she fled the house in a hurry.

She ran until she was out of breath. There's nothing that can ease the anguish she's suffering now.

She continues to run.

Escaping the world of reality.

She was willing to accept anything that would stop the sensation of a black hole in her soul.

When she eventually came to a halt in the middle of the street, she seemed insane.

Her calves were covered with blood, and people stared at her peculiarly.

She only started to bleed from the vase piece.

The damage had already been done.

Head injuries no longer cause pain. She feels as though her essence is dead.

Her mother trampled her daughter under her feet.

Now, what should she do? Where would she go?

She is now alone.

With shaking hands, she inadvertently dialed the one person she shouldn't have. She shouldn't put her trust in anyone. The one she needs to avoid at all costs.

But his is the only name her heart is calling out.

Ian Castillo. Her enemy.

Pressing the phone up to her ear while struggling to prevent herself from dropping down.

On the second ring, he answers the phone. Not a single one of them spoke.

He feels the excruciating tranquility before realizing that her breathing is exceptionally heavy.

"What's wrong, belle?" His voice sounded gravely serious.

She utters, about to break down, "I-I n-need you-u."

His body became frigid upon hearing her words.

She has never sounded like this to him.

She doesn't have to go into more detail.

"Tell me where you are. I'm coming to you." He was already on his way to her.

She stood there, telling him where it was.

Anchored in place.

He did, however, drive through New York's streets.

His head is spinning from all the assumptions he made about why things didn't work out with her.

The one who made his girl so helpless would be the one facing him in a fight.

He heard how broken she sounded.

But all he wants to do is hold her to his chest right now.

As soon as he arrived, he raced out of the car and witnessed a scene that had him punched in the stomach.

Right there in the center of the street is where his belle is.

staring down at the floor.

frozen.

No expression.

Her long brown hair sways in the late fall breeze, but nothing could bring her back from the vision she's lost herself in.