Chapter 10

Ian's POV:-

My head has been a little loose since Chris dragged me to the party. 

It's not like I detest parties or anything.

I simply go occasionally.

I only came to the party to pick up this drunken party beast when I lost count of how many shots he'd taken.

I'll let him alone if he's sober enough to bang someone.

Since kindergarten, we have been close. I can only rely on him as a friend. I love him as much as a brother does, fucker that he may be. He didn't need to know that, though.

I cast a quick glance across the hallway, crowded with teens drinking, dancing, and, yes, banging.

I turn my index finger's ring, the one and only present my father ever gave me on the occasion of my first football championship win while sipping my ginger-orange mocktail.

Typical dad thing.

"Well, Chris, come on. Tonight, you'll steal the show." Glancing across, I see Chris seated on a sofa with two girls on either side of him. 

He was grinning in response to one of the girls' remarks.

I scoff at the way that's developing.

He will then proceed to converse charmingly with them before barging into one of the house's rooms. 

"Hey captain!" I look over and see Adam approaching me while holding a drink.

He is one of the team members.

The goalkeeper and the party's host for tonight.

He's a tall guy with lean muscled body.

The only reason he appeals to me is that he has fucking strategic thinking.

He has come up with strategies that have all led us to success.

I give him a nod in return.

"Thought you would pass tonight's party." He says this, clinking our glasses, standing beside me near the bar.

"I have to watch the kid. Babysitting? You know." I looked over to where Chris was seated and shrugged.

Adam chuckles at what I just said. 

"The coach ultimately made the decision to swap Roman for a new kid." He says after a moment of silence.

Thank fuck.

"He should have been kicked out as soon as he joined the squad." I relpy taking a sip of drink and lean back on the bar counter.

That basterd was shit of a player.

Totally crap.

His father was a trustee of the school, which was the only reason he was on the squad.

Everything can be done with power.

We continue our conversation about the game and school for a few more minutes.

I can hardly hear anything in the room because of the loud music.

In corners were people having drinks and talking, or eating out of one another's faces.

A figure in denim pants and a white t-shirt works his way through the crowd to the kitchen, where the beverages are.

Daniel Williams .

The new jerk.

Beside him, there's a well-known little figure wearing an off-the-shoulder dark blue blouse and black skirt that reach her mid-thighs.