Chapter 14

Amelia's POV :-

I bolted, fully awake, with a gasp of breath.

The smoke gradually dissipates from the air, leaving my breathing heavy.

Drops of sweat trickle down my body, giving the impression that I've been running for miles.

For milliseconds, it's difficult to even open the eyelids because of how badly the head stammers.

Taking a deep breath, I brace myself against the headboard and close my eyes to return to reality.

Now that the gray sheets are rolled up on the bed with wrinkles, I can't help but want to fix how they seem.

The thin white curtains in the window directly behind me were blowing in the fall breeze.

My room has a warm, vibrant vibe.

Hold on.

My room?

How did I get home?

Pictures from last night flash before my eyes.

Daniel leaves early. Time with Chris. Ian.

Ian was meant to drop me off at home.

But why am I unable to recall anything?

I closed my eyes and massaged my aching head.

I attempted to recall the events from last night while wiping sweat that was streaming down my forehead with the sleeve of my white shirt.

I'm suddenly very conscious of what I'm wearing.

It's not my shirt.

Who changed my dress?

Oh Lord.

My mind is racing, wildly swirling.

Oh no. Not at all.

I didn't drink that shit, did I?

"What the fuck is wrong with me?" I let out a shout of frustration as I grabbed at my hair with both hands.

"I must know what happened later that night." I prepare myself, determined to know what went down there.

"And Ian Castillo is the only one who is aware of that."

Why must he be the only one for fuck sake?

I gathered all the courage in the universe and got ready for school.

My mother has departed for the day based on the fact that I did not see her at the breakfast table.

Sigh.

Something doesn't change.

There are moments when I wonder what it's like to be loved by your own mother.

The one person I can actually call family, who'll always fill in the void in my heart,.

How does it feel?

Like, my grandmother loved me so much?

like my feelings for her?

similar to my love of sculpture?

Something that feels comforting to you? eased?

Does her abstaining from me indicate that there's anything wrong with me?

Do I not deserve her care and affection?

I grow envious every time I hear girls in school talking about how their moms shop for them, go to salons with them, and make them set for their first date.