💙💜 🗝️ I Can't Do This Alone (SMG34)

Art by 'Merp' on Discord

TWs // Blood, Death, Slight Swearing

💜💀 SMG3's POV:

🎰 Time/Arc: WOTFI 2023, End of 'Trust No One'

(This is basically if 'Trust No One' had a more severe ending other than Mario just stealing SMG3's notebook.)

Suddenly, I heard a horrifying, pain-filled yell coming from a room inside of the castle. SMG4! It had to have been coming from him!

Sprinting as fast as I could, I burst through the front castle doors, almost ripping them off of their hinges. But I didn't care; I needed to get to my partner as quickly as possible.

Quickly scanning the room for any traces of his signature white and dark blue, I tried to ignore the rising feeling of dread and panic that I was feeling inside of me, feeling half-sure that he was completely fine.

There. In the middle of the main room of the castle.

...

Was SMG4's blood-covered body. With a knife hole directly through his sensitive and small heart.

And there was no attacker or trace of them in sight.

Rushing over to him, tears already flooding down my face, I quickly slid across the floor, grabbing a hold of him and putting his light-weighted head onto my lap. His breathing was already ragged, and the life in his dark blue eyes was fading quickly.

"...No..." I said tearfully, already knowing that it was too late to do anything. "Don't leave me... please..."

"I love you, SMG3," he struggled out, somehow knowing that it was me and putting his dominant hand gently on my scarred cheek. He already knew that he only had seconds left... and so did I.

"We've always been stronger together. I... I can't do this alone... I can't do this without you... SMG4... please..."

"Yes, you can 3. You've always been able to..." he was just about able to whisper out. And then... that was that... his heart stopped beating, his breathing halted, and his eyes became a lifeless grey, all in a single second.

"...Please come back to me... I... I need you..." I begged, already knowing that it was too late and that my boyfriend was gone. He was gone, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Someone had stolen the love of my life away from me. And they were going to pay. I didn't care who it was. They. Were. Dead.

Out of the corner of my tear-filled eye, I suddenly spotted a note that was left so near to the one boarded door that I doubted that it was a coincidence. It was diagonally splashed with blood, but I was still able to make out what the tear-stained scribbled black ink read: "I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt him."

I growled under my breath deeply, my dark red eyes flooding with anger and hatred as I recognised the handwriting. Slowly, I crouched down and clutched the bloodied rim of my once-alive partner's dark blue hat as I picked it up.

Everything that 4 and I had gone through and done together - all the journeys and hardships, us crying on each other's shoulders while being in each other's arms. All of that was gone. And all because of my fellow Meme Guardian's so-called 'best friend' and my avatar. I couldn't believe we'd ever have trusted him; it was so stupid.

And now he has done this. And he was going to pay.

"Watch your back, Mario; I'm coming for you." I snarled out, my free hand clutching into a tight and powerful fist, ready to punch that bastard as soon as I saw him.

561 words