💜🤍 🗝️🪷 The Loss of a Loved One (SMG3 x Reader)

Art by 'xenathen' on Discord

TWs // Mild Swearing, Mention of Blood, Mentions of Death, Mentions of Near Death, Slight Mention of Food Disorders

🤍⚪️ Y/N's POV:

📺 Time/Arc: A week after Puzzlevision

(Context: SMG3 sacrificed himself for Y/N so that they wouldn't be killed as entertainment for the Puzzlevision audience. Before he died in their arms, he hugged them one last time and was just about able to get out an 'I love you'. After that, Y/N broke down and locked themselves into their room once they and the remaining SMG4 Crew members were freed from Puzzlevision.)

"H-Hey, Y/N? Can I come in? ...Please?" I suddenly heard a soft, kind voice say from outside the locked door.

I'd locked it ever since I'd first run in here. I knew that I needed time to heal from the traumatising events of Puzzlevision, the fact that I'd so nearly died from its ringmaster, and the fact that the man I loved so much had died in my arms. Especially the last one.

SMG3 had sacrificed himself for me. He had jumped in front of the light blue blast from Mr. Puzzles before I could even react. Before I could even do anything. To stop him.

Maybe if I'd just been a little quicker. A little faster. A little better. Then maybe he wouldn't be...

"Y/N? It's me, SMG4. Do you think you can let me in?" the voice repeated, cutting off my thoughts. It was a little louder this time, but still kept its calm tone, the man clearly trying his best not to startle me.

I let out a deflated sigh as I got up and unlocked the wooden door. I still wasn't entirely ready to interact with anyone yet... but I knew how worried the SMG4 Crew was about me. Especially SMG4 and Meggy.

Everyone had ended up knocking on my bedroom door over the last week, but those two had done it the most. Even sometimes offering me different things, such as food and water, and other times offering to play video games or do old things that we used to do together.

But there was only one thing that I wanted. The one thing that I could never truly have ever again.

"I-It's unlocked." I called out as I sat down on my F/C-coloured bed yet again. The quilt had already been completely covered in tear marks and was slightly damp to the touch.

The blue man gave me a relieved smile as he quietly walked into the room, gently closing the door behind him. Tears burst from my eyes before either of us could speak. I'd somehow been able to forget how similar he and 3 looked.

4's face instantly turned into one of guilt and concern as he rushed over to me. He looked himself up and down as he realised what was upsetting me and took his dark blue cap off, revealing his messy black hair underneath.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," he said soothingly, carefully putting his arm around me. "I'm so sorry; I should've worn something else."

I just clung to him in response, putting my head into his chest as he stroked my back. I couldn't say anything. I couldn't even think. All that happened was that my sobs got louder and louder and that my tears only continued to fall faster and faster.

[Timeskip until Y/N has stopped crying enough to be able to speak and think again]

"Have you eaten at all recently?" 4 asked quietly, care in his dark blue eyes.