💙🤍💜 🪷 A Check Up (SMG4 x SleepDeprived!Reader x SMG3)

Art by 'shedemonandrea666' on Discord

🤍⚪️ Y/N's POV:

🎰 - 📺 Time/Arc: WOTFI 2023 - Puzzlevision

"Hey, are you okay?" someone suddenly asked from behind me, making me jump as I had been deep in my thoughts and hadn't heard anyone creep up behind me.

Quickly, I turned around to see SMG4 and SMG3 standing anxiously behind me, their dark blue and red eyes filled with obvious concern.

"Huh? Oh... uh... yeah..." I lied, not wanting to worry either of them any more than I already had.

The truth was that I hadn't slept properly for weeks now, and it was starting to worsen my already bad mental state. But I couldn't tell them that. They'd both overreact and force me to go to sleep. I already knew that.

"When was the last time you slept?" they both said simultaneously, and, as I let out an uneasy hiss, they both turned to stare at each other, and 3 gave 4 a not-so-friendly punch on his upper arm before they both turned their attention back to me.

Of course, they'd been able to spot the thick eye bags underneath my eyes. Directly after I told myself that I wouldn't tell them too, now I had no choice. I couldn't lie to the two men that I loved.

"I... um... I don't know..." I muttered, not wanting to tell them exactly what was wrong - what had been disturbing me for so long now - but now I had no other choice.

4 and 3's faces both paled as they heard me say that, if I hadn't slept, then something was very badly wrong.

"I've just been so focused and stressed on everything. Everything's been blowing up at the same time, in the same week. And I'm now more on edge than ever about losing everyone that I care about... especially you two."

There was silence for a minute or two as they figured out what to say in response, and I regretted saying anything at all.

'What on earth was I thinking?! Of course, they were always going to respond like this!' I thought to myself angrily.

Eventually, SMG4 stepped forward and started speaking again: "I know everything's difficult right now, but you can get through this. I know you can."

I looked at him tearfully in response before turning my head to look at the other Super Meme Guardian, who nodded his head once in agreement. This was so difficult for me. I hadn't wanted them to find out in the first place. Yet... here we are.

"He's right." 3 mustered out with a small smile, and I was a bit shocked at his words. Since when did the SMGs agree with each other?!

Soon, 4 had walked over to me and put his arms around me, and I blushed a bit as I put my arms around him as well. I could tell that 3 was partly longing to join the hug as I looked into his eyes, but he quickly tried to hide the fact that he wanted to by breaking eye contact with me.

"Everything just... It feels like it's all falling around me..." I said, tears threatening to roll down my cheeks.

"But it won't. We won't let it." 3 promised in a more stern voice than usual, clearly annoyed by whatever was hurting me and that it was causing me so much stress and loss of sleep.

"We're not going anywhere. I promise." 4 said next, and, as he leaned back, I instantly spotted the love and care in his eyes. "You do so much for us; it's about time that we repay the favour."

"You're always the one to make sure that we're okay and check up on us. And you always find a way to find out that I'm not, regardless of how hard I try to hide it from you." his ex-rival continued, grumbling the last part underneath his breath as he refused to make eye contact with me once more, choosing to look down at the ground instead.

It broke my heart to know that he was struggling mentally but would hardly ever tell either me or 4 what was wrong, and for no certain reason either. I knew that he was a tsundere, but I also wished that he'd tell us what was wrong to our faces more often so that it didn't get to the point where he burst and broke down; which is exactly how we, and Mario, found out that he feels just like the lesser version of SMG4, who just lies to pretend he's doing fine. I loved 3 for 3, but he worried me so frequently.

"Of course I do, you idiots," I said with a slight laugh before letting go of 4, wiping my eyes, and looking back at them with a kind smile and asking rhetorically. "What am I without you two, after all?"

"Someone less than you are now." 3 said simply, and 4 glared at him in annoyance and gently hit him in the chest in response as I let out a snort of laughter.

"What?! They asked!" he exclaimed, glaring back at the man who had just hit him.

"Yeah! But you weren't supposed to say that!" the meme man snapped back as the purple man rolled his eyes.

"You'll be fine, Y/N, I promise. We're never going to leave your side unless that's what you want us to do. We love you." 4 finally said, turning back to me suddenly.

"Thank you so much. I love you guys too." I said back, with a partly blushing smile.

921 words