🖥️📺🍝 🗝️ 🎶 Keep Your Distance (SMG4, Mr. Puzzles, Mario)

(Please note that I wrote this before we knew Mr. Puzzles' name and when he was still referred to as 'The TV Adware')

Art by 'Funkii4' on Discord

TWs // Memory Loss, Possession, Trauma

🖥️💙 SMG4's POV:

🎰 Time/Arc: Directly after WOTFI 2023

🎵 Song: 'In My Head' by 'Derivakat'
(https://youtu.be/wxDFIiTuxsM?si=g_5R4AbqgsFbc6rs)

SMG4 - Underline
The TV Adware - Bold and Underline
Mario - Italics and Underline

Slowly closing my dark blue eyes, I whispered under my breath. "Hide my memories away"

"You're the one who obeyed, you're the one who betrayed" the voice in my head whispered back as I shook a little in fear.

"Hide my fears behind a smile" I continued, just trying to ignore his voice. The voice of the man who once had full control over me.

"Nothing's real anymore, am I real? Am I?" he carried on, and I could tell that he was smirking from wherever he was located. I was vulnerable right now, and he knew it.

"Keep your distance" I begged, having a feeling like I was running in constant circles. "The voices inside me, they all terrify me Keep your distance"

"They say I'm a traitor but I can't remember" I remembered what he'd said in the past, especially during It's Gotta Be Perfect, one of the worst times of my entire life. I'd never felt so small and worthless as I had then, and I could barely remember it. "It's all in my head now But it's all just the same It's all in my head now I think I might go insane"

I squinted as I felt his presence in my body again, as if I were trapped in an endless dance with him that I just couldn't break out of, stuck forever to be at his mercy and under his possessive control.

"Tell myself I will be fine" I fakely promised myself, just trying to get over it. Just trying to get over everything. To get out of his control. To be at peace and alone. At long last.

"This was all my design, you will always be mine"

I turned around, and there was Peach's Castle, standing tall above me as it once was.

"Find myself back here again" I hissed out, trying to shake my head to get rid of the thoughts.

"You were never my friend, you were never my..." I heard Mario's voice hiss out angrily. And he was right. It was my fault that the castle full of memories was now at the bottom of a deep hole, somewhere we couldn't even go without risking our lives.

"Keep your distance" I replied, running in the opposite direction from the castle and plumber with tears in my eyes. This wasn't the first time that I had had this vision. "I'm trying to fight it, I'm trying to hide it Keep your distance But I keep on hurting and you keep returning"

Finally, I got up, abruptly causing the vision in my head to stop and clear. I opened my tear-locked eyes and traced the wall of my room with two fingers. This is my home now. This is where I belonged. With my friends. Even if I couldn't ever tell any of them the truth.

"It's all in my head now But it's all just the same It's all in my head now I think I might go insane"

499 words