🍝 🗝️🪷 🎶 Rejection (Mario)

Art by 'xenathen' on Discord

3rd Person POV

⌨️ Time/Arc: It's Gotta Be Perfect, directly after 'MAR10 DAY'

🎵 Song: 'Pinkie's Lament' by 'My Little Pony'
(https://youtu.be/YqfVd8UeCcc?si=fqLhM1YerCxXUodM)

Mario let out a disheartened sigh as he finished packing all of the party decorations away and back into their boxes again. He'd just wanted to celebrate his special day with all of his friends, especially SMG4.

He'd been stuck in his room working on a 'special video' for weeks now, and it was so obvious that he needed a break to get his mind off of it and just have fun with his friends. And Mario had thought that this would be the perfect way to be able to help his best friend to be able to do just that.

He'd only wanted to help and show how much he cared and appreciated him in the best way he knew how - by throwing a party.

But things didn't go as planned. In fact, they ended up being the direct opposite of that. And, by the end of it all, his own best friend had rejected him, cursed directly at him, and then slammed his door in his face. Making it clear that he didn't care about him. Not even one bit.

After that, Mario's blue eyes had flooded with tears, which rapidly began to run down his cheeks as his handmade 'Best Friend Award' slipped from his hands, landing on the floor by his feet.

Meggy had grabbed him by that time, wrapping her thin arms around him and giving him a tight hug. She'd already been able to figure out what was wrong and how he was feeling without him having to explain, which he was extremely grateful for. At least one of his best friends still cared about him at that moment. At least he still had one of them.

But now she wasn't here. She and everyone that remained, after an insane SMG4 scared the majority of the partygoers away, had gone home. Even Luigi had left him on his own. Everyone was concerned and terrified after the once-sane meme man's outburst. Even though it was entirely directed at Mario... at least that's what it felt like...

"For all my life, all I've wanted to do Was make my friends want to smile true" Mario muttered as he thought about all the times that he'd made his friends smile and laugh over the years. They'd always had so much fun together.

"But maybe I was wrong And [Mario] shouldn't plan parties at all" he continued, his heart aching as he realised that the majority of the memories were of him and 4.

They'd always been so close. Even when he'd been turned evil, or when he'd been forced to fight him against his will and almost killed him, or when they'd had no other choice but to fight an Eldritch monster in order to save their universe.

Yet, SMG4 had now proven that he didn't care about Mario. And probably never had. All of that had been returned to nothing. And there wasn't anything that Mario could do to fix it or make it any better.

"I'll try to get up on my [feet] And try a different task" Mario said, more clearly now. He had to continue, whether it was with or without SMG4. What other choice did he have?

"I'll find something new to do There's gotta be more to me than planning a party or two" he promised, begging himself to find something new and different inside of himself.