Chapter 21: Part two

"At this point we should just move in together again" 

It was the middle of January.  Leah and I took turns staying at each others' places, today was spent at hers.  There wasn't a night spent without each other.  It made sense, but remembering living together was the downfall of our relationship, made the decision more difficult. 

"Remember what happened last time?"  

"Fuck last time, that's in the past, we're two new people this time around" 

She was right.  It was me who pushed up us to get back together, I couldn't pin point the exact reason as to why I couldn't make that decision, other than what happened in the past.  We both agreed that the only way we were to work is to not bring up what happened in our relationship the first time around.  For whatever reason, I couldn't not have it in the back of my mind. 

"Can I think about it?" 

"Yeah, take all the time you need, I know it's hard for you to forget about things sometimes, but please don't worry about this, I don't want to ever lose you again" 

She pulled me back into her arms and started showering me in kisses all over my body.  Something she often did whenever I started to get in my own head, it was her own way of reassuring me. 

"Leah, we're going to be late!" 

She stopped and we both got out of her bed, and into our separate cars, headed to the same destination. 

---- 

Once arriving at the Arsenal training grounds, I headed straight to my professor's office.  Since it was January, I had about less than 4 months of my masters program left, most of the people in my class were staying for their Phd program, and I was headed in the same direction, although my professor would act suspicious whenever I made it a topic of conversation. 

"How's the thesis coming along" 

"Really good, I know you're a part of the board when it comes to me defending it, but I was wondering if you could look over it, I don't know who else could?" 

"Everyone else in the class has that luxury, just because you have me as your mentor is no different, of course I can" 

"Thanks, that means a lot" 

I started to exit the door to head into my own office, when he stopped me. 

"You've come a long way, Abi, I can tell you've made a big difference for these girls, more than I have in the past 5 years, I hope you get to continue that" 

I nodded my head and smiled, what could he ever mean by he hopes I could continue that. 

----- 

Once the day was over, Leah and I both took our separate cars, getting back to her place at separate times.  I was the one who usually cooked dinner, trying to get Leah to try new things, but her palate always stayed the same, simple. 

Tonight, I made this Kale and tomato pasta, it was simple, and I thought this might be something she might enjoy. 

"I don't like it" 

"It literally has 3 ingredients, kale, tomato sauce, and pasta noodles" 

"The kale tastes weird" 

She got up and took the ingredients out of the fridge to make herself a ham sandwich, something she would often do if she didn't like the meal I cooked.  

"What time are we going down to see your dad on Friday?" 

Ever since I told my Dad that Leah and I were together, he was begging for us to come down to have dinner with him.  I never told him that Leah and I broke up, so I just used the excuse of her being busy, which worked, since she was a professional footballer.  Now that we were back together, there was really no excuse for us not to go down.  I was excited for him to finally meet her, but also scared, what if he didn't like her.