4: A Morning with the Aizawas

I yawned when I got rudely woken up by the sound of someone else's alarm clock.
The muffled alarm clock got turned off and I sat up.
Looking around the room I realised the grey walls comforted me. They weren't white at all. Staring up at the ceiling, at the drawings Mic had hung up for me the evening before in secret, I wondered how the others were doing. Were they okay? What if the villains had escaped and would go back for them? What if they were already caught!?

I got up in a hurry and hurried over to the door. Opening it a crack, I looked at how Mic yawned and walked out of his and Aizawa's bedroom. He turned to look back, "I'll make some coffee, but you're going to make your own breakfast today."

A muffled complaint sounded before Mic huffed and closed the door. Seeing me peaking at him from behind the door, Mic smiled.
"Hey little listener, good morning."

Feeling caught, I stepped back. Mic opened the door a bit and asked wether he could enter.

I nodded and Mic crouched down in front of me.
"You don't have to be up yet, did we wake you up?"

I nodded again.

"Is something wrong?" Mic asked at my silence.

I once more nodded before I remembered I could speak up.
"What about the others?"

Mic tilted his head, "The other children?"

I looked at Mic, "What if they aren't safe? What— what if some bad guys catch them again?"

Mic took one of my hands, "It's okay little listener, we protect you, and their parents will protect them. Even back in the orphanage they'll be protected by the caretakers and all the heroes."

"But..." I felt tears coming.
"What if?"

Mic gave me a soft look, "You don't have to worry about it, okay? They'll be fine, and so will you."
He wiped away the tear rolling down my cheek and gave me a smile.

I nodded more steadily this time and glanced down, "At the orphanage we had something called breakfast, will we have it here?"

Mic's smile wobbled, "Ah, I told Shota to make his own... but I can make you both something, fine then."

I pressed my lips together as I looked away now, "Sorry, I didn't mean to trouble you."

"You're not troubling me," Mic shrugged, "I just thought you'd like to get back to bed, it's still a bit early."

Grabbing Mic's hand I shook my head, "I would like to be awake if you'll have me."

As if wondering wether he should smile, Mic gave me a hesitant one, "Of course."

Down the stairs the cat greeted us.
"Does she have a name?" I asked as I crouched down and let the cat put her nose to my hand.

"Lavender, Hitoshi named her after where we found her, in between some Lavender."

I petted the car and whispered the name, "Lavender."
I wondered what her name was before they named her. Would she have been called a number as well?

Mic made some breakfast and Hitoshi walked into the kitchen.

"Watch our for her claw—"

Mic hit him on his head softly, "Stop that!"

I flinched.
Did Mic just... hit Hitoshi?
Was it even safe here?

I got up from the ground and glared at Mic, getting in front of Hitoshi, "Don't hit him!"

Mic looked at me in surprise, and so did Hitoshi.
"I won't," Mic said, "It didn't hurt, right Hitoshi?"

I looked at him for confirmation, and he shrugged.
"I'm wounded."

I glared at Mic again before Hitoshi started laughing.

Once more he got a small hit on his head.
I sighed.
"I'm going to pet Lavender, she's way more nicer than you."

Hitoshi laughed harder as Mic sighed and returned to making breakfast.

When Aizawa walked into the kitchen, I was already sitting down with a plate of food. Mic got a fourth plate for Aizawa, but he ignored Mic as he sat down with this weird brown liquid.

Curiosity got the best of me.
"What's that?"

Mic glanced at the cup, a sad look in his eyes.
"My replacement."

I frowned, not understanding.

"It's coffee," Shinso told me, "People drink it to get more energy, dad loves that stuff."

Mic nodded in confirmation, "Your dad loves it more than he loves me."

Aizawa sighed at him, "Irrational."

"You can't have it though," Mic added.

I pouted, "Why not?"

"Because it'll be bad for you," Mic sat down at long last and ate his own breakfast. In the meanwhile Aizawa stared at his own, his coffee not finished yet. He seemed to have his priorities as he ignored everyone further.

I tilted my head, "Why is Aizawa having some then, if I can't?"

"It gets less dangerous when you get older," Hitoshi said, "I had some this morning."

I glanced around the table.
"So I'll be the only one who doesn't have coffee."

Feeling left out, I looked at my food in disappointment.
Mic sighed.
"I know the solution, another drink that's brown, but it's not coffee, and it will be just for you."

My eyes turned up in curiosity. Mic smiled as he said, "Chocolate milk."

I sighed a little.
"I like milk, I guess."
It would have to do. 'Chocolate milk'. Though, it wasn't coffee, however that stuff tasted, I doubted chocolate milk would be better.