14: A Serious Talk at The Dinner Table

I was way to nervous when Aizawa and Mic sat me down at the kitchen table.
It was evening, and I wondered if bedtime was close. Maybe bedtime would save me today instead of bother me. Anything to get out of this talk.

"First of," Mic said, "We aren't mad, just.."

"A bit disappointed, but not too much," Aizawa finished a bit tiredly.

"What did I do?" I asked, "And it's okay, I understand if you hurt me—"

"We're not going to hurt you!!" Mic said a bit too loudly, earning a hit on his head from Aizawa.

My mouth shaped an 'o' and I looked away in slight embarrassment, "I forgot."

"It's okay," Aizawa said, "We just wanted to talk about school, and Nezu."

"And the blackmailing thing."

I smiled despite myself, "The blackmailing was fun."

"That's the thing," Mic said, "It's not."

"Oh," I thought, "Why not?"

Aizawa sighed and explained what it was like being blackmailed.
My eyes were wide as I apologised. "I didn't mean to scare anyone!"

"It's fine, Nezu did the blackmailing, you just watched," Mic assured me.

"But I didn't stop him," I reasoned, "If I had—"

"Nezu probably had his reasons to blackmail someone," Aizawa said, "So no harm done. Just dont go with it again, just walk away when Nezu does something scary like that again."

"He does other scary things?" I asked, "Is that why people say Nezu-chan is scary?"

Mic kept in his laugh. 'Nezu-chan'

"Kind of," Aizawa sajd, "We won't forbid you from talking to him—"

"You would do that?" I asked confused, last time I checked I was still allowed to talk to people.

"—but we can't have you spend time with Nezu while we are at work." Aizawa finished,

I pouted, "But dad! Pap! I don't like school! And if I cannot spend time with Nezu-chan..."

"You won't have to go to school," Mic said and I felt relief before Mic finished his sentence, "But we can hire a babysitter."

I felt my eye twitch as I heard that last word.
"What?"

"A babysitter is someone—"

"No, I know what a babysitter is," I mumbled, "But I'm not a baby."

"You're in fact, only just seven," Mic said but I glared at him.

"Seven years old and not a baby!" I said angrily, "I just want to stay at UA! I don't need anyone to watch me, I can take care of myself!"

Aizawa sighed, "Stop shouting."

"No!" I said, "You guys think I'm a helpless child, just like the teacher did! I'm not a child, if anything, I can defeat you both in battle! I'll prove it!"

Mic frowned in concern at the accusation as Aizawa sighed troublesomely.
"What you can and can't do doesn't excuse how there's dangerous villains. If we leave you alone you're in danger."

I huffed, "I'll just be at UA."

Mic turned to Aizawa, "She's got a point. And this way she won't be learning... scary stuff, with Nezu."

I nodded.

"She's a child, even my students can't be trusted alone all day."

"Shota, your students are idiots—"