11: Daycare?

The name of this chapter is how Azumi would describe this place. Though she had never been there, Azumi knew what a daycare was.
And it was for babies.

People stared as I stood there in the middle of the classroom. My seat was in the back, but with how everyone blocked the way, I couldn't reach it.

"Why's your nails black?" One of the kids asked.

"Why Arent you wearing a uniform?"

All questions were about how I looked like I looked. I sighed and stayed quiet.
Nobody cared about looks, right? Then why were they so noisy about it? I'd take pap over this every day.

The room quieted down after a while and I hurried to my seat, wanting to go home already. Why couldn't I just be home alone? I had see the movie, I could protect myself!

Class started. I sulked in the back, glad that I was away from all the questions.

"We have a new student," the teacher said, "We need to be careful around her, because she's had a hard past."

I frowned. 'Treat her like a normal student.' Was it too much to ask?

"You want to introduce yourself?"

"Well," I got up like I knew I had to, "I'm Azumi, and I'm not special, you don't have to treat me different because I am slightly different. I'm still a normal kid like all of you."

"Normal?" Someone asked as a flash of light went through the air, "Maybe these kids, but I'm not just 'normal'."

The teacher sighed, "We're all special, now, let's get on with class."

I sat back down and leaned my head on my hand. This would be annoying and boring, huh.

It was by lunch time that I snapped out of my 'just waiting till the day is over' mood.
Someone accompanied me to the cafeteria and I talked a bit.

"So what past do you have, aren't you a little young to have a past anyway?"

"Yeah," one of the kid's friends spoke up, "What past?"

"What is it like to have one?"

I sighed, "It's not that interesting, I just grew up..." my choice of words had me realise something.
"I don't like to talk about it," I mumbled, "So you can stop asking."

"Well then, what's your favourite colour?"

"Mines red!"

"I like purple!"

"Blue is beter!"

"No its not!"

And there I was, wondering why a favourite colour was something to argue about. It was a small opinion, not a fact or something important that mattered more than... not at all.

While eating lunch, I missed the lunch room at UA. I missed how Aizawa would give me chocolate milk. I wasn't even allowed that here.

"So, where did you grow up?" One of the kids asked me.

I frowned, "I don't like to talk about it."

"Well, where do you live now?"

"With dad and pap," I could answer this one.

"Dad and pap? You have two dads?"

"Keniyo has two moms!"

"I've got a mom and a dad, but my dad has another girlfriend but mom doesn't know that."

"My—"

"I really don't care," I admitted.

"Well you got to share," someone agued.

"Because you asked!" I argued back.

"Come on let's leave, she's mean!" And then the kids left.

I crossed my arms. What mean children. I didn't like them. Besides, I was better off alone.

When Mic came to pick me up I was more than glad.

"How was it?"

"Like hell threw up and this is it's puke, and I accidentally said fuck in front of the teacher, to annoy her, but I still don't know what it means," I rambled.

Mic laughed.
He concluded out of this that I yet had to get used to the idea of school.

When we got home, Shinso was slightly grumpy.

"What's up?"

"Sports festival."

"What's that?"

And then I was watching something called the sports festival. Shinso told me all about it and I got excited. He would participate this year, and I would get to watch him (hopefully) win!

Aizawa sat down on the couch and I asked him, "Will I have to go to school a lot? I don't think I like it, at all."

Shinso was about to speak, but Aizawa was first.

"We can't take you along everywhere, and we can't ask all the other teachers to take care of you when we can't. So school will have to be the answer."

I puffed up my cheeks, "But—"

"How was it?" Shinso asked, "What were the other kids like? And the teacher?"

I rolled my eyes, "All the other kids act like toddlers, and the teacher was stupid. She acted like I was a baby, which is even worse than a toddler!!"

Aizawa sighed.
"Tomorrow won't be school, but if we can't find another solution..."

Aha, so I had to find another solution!

And so... my quest started.

And I still didn't know what fuck meant.