13: What's Blackmail?

A/n:

Okay, hear me out first, then judge me for forgetting about this fanfic for over a month (or was it two—). I kinda have a life, first off. Second would be more reasons, oh, and third... okay... maybe I don't have that much reasons, but I'll try to continue this fanfic for you MHA fans (Can I guess you're all mha fans?).
To make it up to y'all, this chapter is called 'what's blackmail'. Should sound fun.

So without further excuses and apology's and complaining because that one *&#@(&@' today...
Let's try and make these random chapters a complete story, shan't we?

—Waffle

Shinso walked with me inside the classroom where I walked to my seat and immediately started sulking.

Concerned a bit, Shinso walked over to me.
"Will you be okay?"

I shook my head, "Not that you and dad and pap care."

"We do," Shinso reasoned, ignoring the teacher who glared at him. He was supposed to leave.
"It's just today, and I'm sure Nezu's good at blackmailing dad and pap."

"I don't know what that is," I said just as grumpily and Shinso smiled.

"Just ask the teacher."
With a shrug, Shinso left.

The day went by slower than a snail. I did what I had to do for homeschool, making sure not to be called out by the teacher for not paying attention. I wasn't paying attention so that was hard.

When we had a break, everyone got up to chat with each other, but I stayed seated, continuing with my homeschool work. I was working ahead by now, but it helped my boredom.

"Azumi?" The teacher walked up to me.

I didn't care to look up now either.

"How about you play with the other kids?"

"How about," I erased an answer with a bit more force than necessary, "You leave me alone."

The teacher's smile was flat, "Now, now, no need to be rude. Just get off you seat and play with the other kids."

"Your negotiations skills are quite lacking, miss," I said without thinking, knowing Nezu said this once to someone on the phone.

The teacher's eye twitched as their smile pressed to a thin line.
"I'll call up your parents if you continue to use that tone, child."

"What?" Azumi frowned, "I'm literally copying your tone... kind off."

"That's it!" The teacher said, "Time out!"

I froze up.

The black dress.
The lights on the ceiling.
The bare walls.
The slow passage of time. The commanding words. "Just do your job."
"See, that's how we do it, copy them."
"It doesn't matter if they die, those who survive become stronger this way."
"Stop struggling, girl."

I blinked away my tears, realising I was standing now. The teacher looked at me a bit confused.
"I want to go home," I mumbled, rubbing away the tears that started to flow faster now. I wanted a hug, not from anyone here. "I don't want to be here!"

As I cried, the teacher sighed.

Fortunately Kayama could come to pick me up and she carried me outside, apologising to the teacher. I put my arms around her neck as I tried not to cry anymore.

"What did she mean?" The teacher asked softly, though I could hear it, "She said she wasn't just a project, I only wanted to put her in time out."

Kayama's eyes flashed dangerously, "And why did you want to put her in time out? May I ask?"

"She wasn't playing with the other kids, and she had a tone."
The teacher's explanation wasn't exactly the truth. I pressed my lips together and looked up a bit.

"The teacher is mean, can we go?" I asked as my eyes glared at the teacher.

Kayama nodded, "We'll go, and I don't think were going to come back here any time soon."

The teacher huffed when Kayama turned around sharply.
I looked over Kayama's shoulder and stuck out my tongue at the teacher. No, I wouldn't be coming back here.

Kayama put me in her car where I grabbed her shirt before she could pull away.
"Where are we going?" I asked a bit warily.

"To UA, are you okay with that?"

I nodded and went to sit down, fumbling with the seatbelt until it finally gave a click.
The ride to UA was silent as I looked outside. My eyes started feeling heavy and I fell asleep, tired from all the drama.

In the teachers lounge, I woke up to someone making a phone call.
I opened my eyes a bit to find myself lying on a couch. Nezu was pacing a while off, talking into a phone with a broad smile while Kayama stood with sparkling eyes, smiling just as much.

Closing my eyes, I listened in, curious of why they smiled so devilishly.

"Yes, fire them all," Nezu said, "Or I will show the world what you did on the first of June, wouldn't want your wife to see this, would you?"

A small silence before Nezu laughed loudly.

"What did she say?" Kayama asked.

"She said no," Nezu's smile broadened, "To you the honour, assistant, to send the video..."

Kayama jumped over to the couch where she grabbed a laptop. She ignored the name, knowing it was better it wasn't mentioned.

"Hold on," Nezu held up his paw.
Kayama paused.
"Aha, so you're willing to cooperate?
"Amazing, I hope to never speak to you again!!"

Kayama put down the laptop with a disappointing sigh, "So sad, I couldn't send it."

Knowing it was over, I pretended to wake up, "Did you convince dad and pap?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes, kicking away the blanket.

"We haven't," Nezu said as he sat down on one of the chairs, "But you won't have to go to that school anymore. Or in any case, not that particular school with the same teachers."

I nodded as if I hadn't heard that just now.
"What's blackmail?"

This earned a larger smile and Nezu said, "How about I show you while we convince your parents?"

That afternoon was quite amusing, if I should say so.