𝟬𝟬𝟭 just a girl trying to find a place in this world

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE.
just a girl trying to find a place in
this world

     FEYRE BLANCHARD didn't ask to be a Demigod, much less the daughter of a famous Greek God

     Unfortunately for her, it was something out of her control since birth. From the very moment she escaped the comfort of her mother's womb, she was forced to carry a heavy burden leading all the way back to her parentage. A burden her mother tried to carry on her daughter's behalf for fourteen years straight. But it wasn't enough. It would never be enough. No matter how hard Rosalind Blanchard tried, she couldn't save her Feyre from the troubling premonitions, and the strange monsters she would spot in the busy streets of New York.

     And when the time came, Rosalind knew she had to tell her daughter the truth at last.

     How the story goes. . . Feyre's mother was a mere mortal woman, no older than twenty-three at the time when she met Feyre's father one summer after graduating from college. She and a few friends decided to celebrate by heading to the sunny California beaches for some summer fun after years of hard work and sleepless nights. There she met a man as beautiful as can be, with dusty blond hair and the most enchanting eyes that you could just simply get lost in them. He was a man of many words and seduced Feyre's mother with many love poems and the strum of his guitar.

It was a summer romance, nothing more, and nothing less. But they did fall in love, or at least that was what Feyre's mother claimed. Between the long night drives in his sports car, and the campfires on the beach where he would play her songs and dance with her underneath the stars, it was enough to make him reveal his secrets to the woman. And it made Feyre's mother believe he was the one. That he was the man she would spend the rest of her life with. For better or worse, sickness and health, and all that nonsense Feyre had heard about love from romance novels and cheesy rom-coms.

Then Rosalind fell pregnant and Feyre's father disappeared, leaving her to carry a child for nine months alone. She was disowned by her parents for throwing her career away to raise a child, and her friends moved on with their lives, leaving Rosalind behind. She managed to scrape together enough money to rent out a two bedroom apartment in Brooklyn, proceeding to work two jobs to pay the bills. And when Feyre was born, her father visited the hospital, held his newborn daughter once and asked for Rosalind to raise her well and keep her safe until the time was right.