𝟬𝟭𝟰 what am i suppose to do if there's no you?

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
what am i suppose to do if there's no you?

THEN.

FEYRE BLANCHARD felt misunderstood by many people in her life. Well, whatever life she could've possibly lived in the last nine years since she left the comfort of her mother's womb. Other kids in school would point and laugh at Feyre because she stood out with her bright and strange personality. Teachers would scold at her for things that felt meaningless because she couldn't read or write properly like the other kids in her class, or because she had a terrible attention span growing up. Even now, Feyre found comfort in allowing her mind and creativity to grow than be confined to the solitude of basic learning skills in the four walls of a classroom that she believed was pointless to a young girl like herself.

     Even when Feyre met her grandparents for the first and last time, they stared down at her like she was inhuman, like some freak of nature. She once overheard her grandmother tell her grandfather that she had ruined her mother's life for something as simple as existing. Having a child and destroying your future is one thing, but tolerating the existence of a troubled child such as herself was downright ridiculous. Feyre was five years old at the time. She felt crushed to know her blood family could be so cruel towards her and her mother when they were suppose to show endless love without a single cost. But that was the first time Feyre believed she was nothing more than a burden to her mother. Her existence being nothing more than a fork in the road to what her mom's life could've been.

However, if there was one person Feyre believed would always be on her side through thick and thin — it was her mother.

     Rosalind Blanchard had stuck by her daughter through every harrowing nightmare in the midst of every dark night, and every public outburst whenever Feyre saw something she was sure was watching her from a distance. Her mom would stay with Feyre until she fell asleep again in the comfort of the woman's arms, and tell the young girl that she just had an active imagination and nothing could be possibly wrong with her. Feyre felt as if she always had someone she could turn to in the middle of everything that felt wrong in her life. Her mom was her own personal superhero, flying in to save her daughter from the monsters, who often came to the girl in the form of her school bullies and cruel adults.