𝟬𝟬𝟰 the rise of a forbidden child

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.
the rise of a forbidden child

     THE NIGHT before their weekly Capture the Flag games were always Feyre Blanchard's favourite kind of nights

Seeing all twelve cabins come together (figuratively since not all cabins were occupied by Demigod children), all of them sitting around a bonfire, and others talking in groups in the distance, but remaining in the same proximity as each other without tearing one another apart. The burning hot flames burned bright, the red, orange and yellow flames dancing violently around each other, becoming entangled. The flames illuminated the faces of the joyful campmates who would talk, laugh, and some would even dance while the Apollo cabin played a few songs to fill the silence.

It was Alina's turn to entertain the camp this week, leading the performance with her old busted up guitar that she brought herself before she came to camp resting on her lap. She would pick at the strings, creating a blissful and whimsical tune that would catch the camp's attention. And when Alina opened her mouth to sing, it was like a chorus of beautiful songbirds came flying out, rolling off her tongue into the hot summer air. Alina was arguably the best singer from the Apollo cabin. Whenever she used the power of her voice, anyone lingering in her proximity would freeze and listen with peace and tranquility in their eyes.

Even Ares kids admired the girl from afar while her angelic voice flooded the air. Feyre was surprised to see they were actually enjoying themselves instead of sitting in a tight group in the shadows somewhere. But the bonfire was always a great success nonetheless. It was nights like this one — seeing everyone come together regardless of what god or goddess they were a descendant from and come together as one camp.

     Feyre Blanchard found herself caught up in a conversation with Chris Rodriguez from cabin eleven, who also happened to be another close friend and brother of Luke's as they were both son's of Hermes. Feyre always got along with the boy. The only time they didn't meet eye to eye was when she beat him in a one on one duel. Chris was bitter for days before Luke made them talk it out. But it was always more for his own sake than their's, not wanting to be torn between his two best friends. They all looked back on those days and smiled, remembering how childish it was to be sulking over something so small.