𝟬𝟭𝟲 you believe me like a god

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
you believe me like a god

     SOMETIMES PEOPLE would talk about Feyre Blanchard like she was the sun

If the famous nickname gifted by her mother as a child. Or the fact that she was the favoured daughter of the Sun God wasn't enough to show she was plucked from the brightest rays of the burning sun, then maybe Feyre Blanchard herself was living proof that even teenage girls can shine like gold. Through her unfaltering kindness and bravery towards her friends, family, and even her enemies at times, people would look at Feyre like she was the brightest and most dazzling individual to grace the grounds of Camp Half-Blood, spreading her light wherever she seemed to go. That she was the sun, and everyone else was left to orbit around her, begging for her attention and warmth on their darkest nights.

     But Feyre Blanchard knew she wasn't the sun. She didn't think it was humanly possible for a person to embody the power and strength of a thousand suns.

     And then she met Luke Castellan, and he turned her life upside down in the best way possible. Not only did he come into her life when she needed him most, but he stayed when most people would leave or make fun of her during the first sign of trouble. He stuck around and filled the dark void in her chest with light and admiration. He touched the darkness in her life, chased away the shadows, and scared off all the monsters. He held her hand through every trial and tribulation she faced in her life these last four years with zero judgement. His smile, his laughter, and even his presence was all it took to fill the girl's dark and lonely days with light. His light bled into her darkness and cured her soul in a way she didn't think was possible.

     And so. . . for Feyre, Luke Castellan was the sun — her sun. The same burning light that would protect and shield the girl from all the evil that lurked in their world.

So when Feyre Blanchard opened her eyes that morning, she felt a smile form across her lips when she thought about Luke Castellan. Her best friend, and now her boyfriend. It felt so strange to think about at first. After years of friendship, Luke was no longer her cocky and often stubborn best friend who she would roll her eyes at on occasions. He was now someone who would hold her, kiss her, and tell her she was the girl of his wildest dreams. Feyre wasn't aware of how much she yearned for that kind of relationship with the boy until he kissed her yesterday under a dozen of tall trees deep in the forest. That feeling of euphoria that pulsated through her body when she was wrapped in his arms, his warm and soft lips pressed against her own, it was a feeling Feyre didn't want to forget.