𝟬𝟬𝟲 better a monster than an arrogant god

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX.
better a monster than an arrogant god

     DELIA CROMWELL could sense something was wrong

The second she and her travel companions stumbled across a building, Aunty Em's Gnome Emporium, Delia could sense there was something off about the building. All of them were lured to the rural location by the sweet smell of cheeseburgers that made the girl's stomach growl with a sickly taste of hunger that grew desperate with every waking second that passed her bye. Delia's empty stomach yearned for its fill, and the emporium seemed to be the answer to all of her problems — the perfect escape from the Fury that had chased them out of the bus and down into the woods to begin with.

     However, there was still this nagging feeling digging into the girl's skull that told her something was still wrong, and it wasn't that they were being chased by a monster threatening to tear them into tiny little pieces.

     It was more than that. A shaky breath left Delia's quivering lips while she looked around the decorative front porch of the emporium. She analysed the beautiful greenery accompanied by the stone statues that stood tall in all of their glory. They were all arranged in a way to look decorative and appealing to the naked eye. But the sight of their expressions sculpted into the stone figures, the looks of pure terror and fear was more than enough to make Delia believe there was still something off about these statues in particular. Delia just couldn't place her finger on what it was yet.

     It didn't help that she had Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase bickering back and forth since the moment the quest started earlier that same day. Delia could see it was a clash of personalities. But she could also sense secrecy coming from Percy, like there was something he didn't want to share with the rest of them. And when it came to Annabeth, well, Delia knew she was stubborn and a major control freak at times, and Percy didn't like that. Thus leading to Delia and Grover being forced into the middle of it all, and while the satyr tried to diffuse the tension between the demigods, Delia remained silent.