𝟬𝟭𝟮 in a world of boys he's a gentleman

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE.
in a world of boys he's a gentleman

     THERE'S A STRANGE bubble of anxiety swelling in Feyre Blanchard's chest when Luke convened a meeting between them two, Alina, and Chris, wondering what was so important that they had to meet somewhere private away from the other campers

THERE'S A STRANGE bubble of anxiety swelling in Feyre Blanchard's chest when Luke convened a meeting between them two, Alina, and Chris, wondering what was so important that they had to meet somewhere private away from the other campers. They already had plenty to worry about with a war brewing between the gods, thus meaning a war erupting right in the centre of their beloved camp. If Luke was calling a meeting between a group of individuals that he trusted most of all, then it had to be something that couldn't wait. Whatever it was, Feyre's only hope was that it was worth walking all the way into the woods for.

But while Feyre and Alina continued to walk further into the woods in silence, passing bye many trees and bushes that all looked the same along the way, Feyre's mind were all tangled together by one singular thought. Her mom. Ever since her mom missed her call from earlier that same day, she was starting to wonder if there was something wrong at home that she didn't know about since she was trapped in the comfort of camp. If she should be worried because Rosalind was the mother of a demigod child, and automatically, that would put a huge target on her back. She wondered if something or someone had done something to her that made it impossible to stay in contact with her own daughter.

     Feyre wanted to brush it off and just assume her mom was out. The woman could've created a new routine in the years following the last time Feyre had seen her. However, that didn't make any sense either. When Rosalind dropped her daughter off at the camp where she would be most safe, she promised Feyre that whenever she called, she would be there to answer. They knew it was for the better that Feyre remained at camp, but it never meant they didn't stay in contact. If Feyre ever needed her mom, she was always there. So she couldn't help but worry why that's changed all of a sudden.

Maybe she did push her mom away with her hurtful words the last time they talked once and for all. Maybe this was what she deserved for being so cruel to the one person who sacrificed everything for her. Maybe this was her punishment for neglecting that incredibly important thought. That was when Feyre Blanchard started to feel it. The guilt erupting in the pit of her stomach, eating away at her organs and rotting her body to its core from the inside out. The girl wished she could take it back. All of it. Maybe then her mom wouldn't hate Feyre as much as she already hated herself.