4

Rose woke up in the morning suddenly from the loud sound of thunder. She instantly remembered the cyclone. Rose then got dressed. She chose to wear a black tshirt and dark blue jeans. She put on earrings and a necklace and went into the bathroom to brush her hair.

She then saw her mum glare angrily at her in the mirror. Her mother laughed at her and sneered. "Aw is Rose the coward stuck in the storm." Her father laughed in unison with her mum. Rose frowned and her eyes felt swollen with tears. Rose went out of the room into the kitchen. Lindey was there. "Hi, I didn't want to wake you, but we really need to prepare for this cyclone. I checked how bad Cyclone Jacqueline is going to be and it's going to be very mild so we should be okay."

"What things do we have to do to protect ourselves from the cyclone?" Rose asked.

"Well, we need to make sure on the day that anything electrical is switched off, we need to have a safe room to be in which we are in one, we need to close the windows and we need to sandbag the drains and toilets. Everyone involved in the centre will make sure to try and protect themselves."

"Okay sounds good." Rose said. Rose then went into her room and watched the Disney movie, the Aristocrats. Rose thought the cats in that movie were very cute. She thought about ordering a plushie of Marie.

The wind and storm became very loud. She got a message on facebook of the group she was in with her old highschool friends. Leena had sent a message saying about how afraid she was of the storm coming and is everyone preparing for the storm."

Rose then decided maybe she should try interacting with her old highschool friends even though she doesn't much in the past. "I am very scared of the storm. It sounds absolutely terrifying."

"I know right!" Alicia agreed. She responded instantly to the text Rose sent.

At 12pm Rose decided to eat some mac and cheese for lunch. She had one of those instant mac and cheese meals you can have in the microwave. Rose found mac and cheese a nice meal.

Rose then decided she would write in her journal about how she has been feeling about everything. She thought to herself "Wow...I am doing well now that I am finished with highschool. I can't believe I've achieved this much..."