chapter five

me and felix haven't properly spoke since we kissed, but we're all about to go down for breakfast, i put on a white tube top and denim shorts, and head downstairs, i sit next to felix like usual "morning" i say softly and he doesn't even spare me a glance "ollie, what was it you were saying about that poet earlier" he says clearly trying to ignore me, i sigh and i look over at farleigh who's smirking at me and i roll my eyes at him. venetia comes down a bit late and says "what's up with you?" as she sits next to me, from the corner of my eyes i see felix glance over but when i look up he starts a conversation with oliver again. "nothing" i mumble quietly and she scoffs "yeah right."

ollie and felix are messing around in the pool and me, vee and farleigh are sat at the side on towels. "he's been ignoring me since" i explain to them both, "he barely even looks at me, he's pissing me off" i groan and lean back. "he's fucking pathetic" venetia says and sighs. "it is a bit petty" farleigh adds on. "i don't understand though, he kissed me!!" i say the last bit a bit too loud, making us all giggle slightly. "but seriously, like you can't just kiss me and then be the one to ignore me" i say clearly frustrated. "maybe, he's just scared it will change your friendship" ventia adds on. "he's gonna fucking ruin it, if he doesn't start talking to me" i mumble and look down.

"ollie!!" i shout getting his attention from the other side of the corridor. "hm??" he turns around and raises his eyebrow. "what the fucks felixs problem?" i ask and ollie looks around awkwardly "what do you mean?" he mumbles and i sigh "you know what i mean" he looks down, "look, honestly, i know what happened but i don't know why he's not talking to you" he says and goes back to his room "great" i mumble and go get ready for dinner. venetia comes in, "wear this" she shoves a long red dress into my hands, it's quite low cut but still respectable for a meal with your bestfriends family, she sits at my dressing table and i put it on. "he's gonna fucking regret ignoring you" she giggles and looks me up and down. "can you curl my hair?" i ask and she nods and stands up and i sit at my dressing table and she begins to curl my hair and i do my eyeliner and mascara, i do my top and bottom waterline, bringing out my green eyes. "you look sexy" she smirks and i giggle "thanks vee."

we head down and as i walk in felix looks over at me, his eyes lingering on me and i sit next to him. "hey" i say softly, making him look away and start a conversation with elspeth and i sigh and bite the inside of my cheek and vee places a comforting hand on my back. i stay quiet for most of dinner and just eat it, every so often i catch felix looking at me out the corner of my eye but he looks away everytime i look at him. vee slides me a glass of wine and i down it and oliver raises his eyebrows at me. i feel slightly tipsy but it's not too bad, considering it was only one glass.

after dinner, i decide to go on a walk to clear my head, it's quite cold but honestly i don't care right now, i see felix sat on a bench smoking and i walk over to him, still in my dress, he goes to get up and i grab his wrist. "felix please" i whisper quietly and he sits back down and i sit next to him, we sit in silence for a couple minutes. "please talk to me" i sigh and grab the cigarette out his mouth and take a drag. "what is there to say?" he mumbles and looks over to me. i frown slightly and hand his cigarette back "you can't kiss me and then ignore me, felix." he stays silent, "it making me feel like shit" i tell him and he wraps an arm around me pulling me close to him, he rests his head against mine "im sorry" he whisper into my hair and gently rubs my arm. "why have you been ignoring me?" i bite the inside of my cheek, he stays quiet for a couple seconds before speaking up, "honestly? i don't know" he admits and pulls me closer. "i just thought, if i didn't talk to you, then nothing would change between us" he shrugs. "nothing would have changed between us anyways" i furrow my eyebrows. "abby, we kissed" he states. "and? felix it didn't change anything for me, your the one that's fucking things up" i tell him and he gently places his fingers on my chin and lifts my head up too look at him. once again, his lips intertwine with mine, the warmth of his lips contrast with the cold air, his hands holding me close, his lips are so soft and his kisses so gentle. his mouth travels from my mouth to my jawline and my breaths shaky. his kisses create a trail of warmth along my jaw, before they travel down to my neck, causing me to gasp slightly. after a couple minutes he stops and pulls away. "gonna ignore me again now?" i joke trying to hide how flustered he's made me, he chuckles and trails his fingers along where he kissed me, the sensitive parts of my neck slightly tender. "you look beautiful by the way" he says softly and i blush, "thanks felix."

the next morning as i get ready, i notice the light hickey he made on my neck and my face flushes red, it's right on my throat, so i can't even cover it with my hair. fuck. i go down to breakfast and sit next to him "hey abs" he gently rubs my arm, i look down to try and hide the hickey "you okay?" i ask softly and he nods and gives me a confused look. i lift my head up and show him my hickey, a proud grin is plastered on his face and i see farleigh raise his eyebrows, "felix got hungry last night" him and oliver break into fits of giggle and my face goes bright red, elspeth looks around confused and felix tries to distract her.

____________________________________
feedback here!!
i hope this part isn't too long, i feel like it may drag on a little bit, but i tried to make it interesting.