CHAPTER 4

AHAD POV:
I was working on my company when I got a call from my younger brother Ashar, "Where are you bhai! I told you to be right here at Do Darya by 8 pm so we can race!!!! I have been on my knees to beg you for this race yarrr, you can't just ignore me, bhai!! Common yarrr!!" He was screaming his lungs out on my phone, I had to keep my phone out of my reach to listen to his nonsense. "I DID NOT SAID YES!" I said with a coldness filled voice, which he actually ignored. "I don't give a damn bhai! I'm waiting for you right here at our old place of Do Darya, be right here within half an hour or else I'll not go to Baba's company to work!" He cut the call on my face after ordering me! Him being 4 years younger than me doesn't make him respect me!!

Getting my keys, I took the lift and went to the parking lot and get on my bike while wearing my helmet, riding my bike at full speed towards Burger O'clock to get him and his friends burger knowing very well that today he won't had anything as he had too arrange the race and all...

Arriving at the place, I got down from my bike and handled the bag of burger to him. "Eat first, or else I won't go for race," I said while he nodded his head with a smile on his face. "Jee bhai, bss kha rha ho" (yes, bhai, I'm eating). Looking at his face, I could see so many similarities with her. They both had the same smile, same habits and same nature, never had I thought she would disappear from our life like this.....

I got on my bike again, with him and his friends on their own bike. We were starting our bikes when a young boy came to Ashar and said "bhai, bhai, a beautiful girl came to meet you just now, she said you met her yesterday at Seaview, I told her that you were about to race and won't be able meet her now so she said she will come at midnight to watch car race and drifting." The little boy said in one go looking excited, "bhai, bhai, she got a really big and nice car, can you ask her to let me have a ride in her car if she race, please bhai." The boy again said, which now had my curiosity. A girl came here at this time with a big car herself!?

"Okay Zeeshan, I will ask her, I promise and thank you for telling me about her, now you should go to your brother again, we will start racing now," Ashar said to her while ruffling his hair a little...

Starting the race, we drove as faster we could, not caring about anything. I sat astride the Kawasaki Ninja H2, my bike...night light glinting off its obsidian armour...

AUTHOR POV :
Ahad wasn't just mounted on his bike, he was a conductor poised to speed his bike at a speed of 400 km/h (249 mph). The traffic did not bother him. The space which would have been really dangerous for a bike to cross, he did cross it without any fear. Under his calloused palms, the handlebars hummed with anticipation, the supercharged heart of the beast thrumming, adrenals run through his body. Knowing the roads will be full of traffic, yet he didn't fazed. Speeding his bike up as he saw the saw empty, taking notes to not get crash into some else and make their life problematic. The speed of his bike gave him satisfaction as it curve a familiar note in the song of the track. He closed his eyes, inhaling the heady cocktail of gasoline and adrenaline....

As points, the world melted into a blur of speed. The H2 surged forward, as it felt a caged falcon unleashed, ripping through the thin air. G-forces pressed Ahad into the seat, and his body felt raw power coursing through the machine.

Each corner was a challenge, but he took is as adventure to unleash a new beginning Ahad leaned into the curves, turning his bike to the side, crossing the road without any fear with all the traffic, not caring about the traffic lights, he crossed the roads bravely.

As the check red flag fluttered in the wind, Ahad crossed the finish line, victor not just of the race, but of his own doubts. He dismounted, his legs trembling with the aftershock of adrenaline, his hands still tingling from the past he was seeing in front of his eyes...

Memories of past started to come....Memories of the accident.....Memories of those black eyes looking at his.....Memories of the call to murder....Memories of past...”bhai” He heard or maybe imagined, his whole-body started to tremble, getting down his bike, he took deep breath...

He felt his eyes moist inside his helmet and trembling hands, taking deep breath he looked at his surrounding, wanting to find his brother when he felt a hand on his shoulder, turning around, he found his brother by his side, hugging his brother tightly he heard him saying "bhai, bhai are you alright? don't think about the past bhai, bhai everything's okay, look I'm alright, everyone is alright bhai, look bhai no one has gotten into any accident, we all are fine, take a deep breath bhai please" Ashar said rubbing Ahad's back, "Ashar get me a cab, I want to go home to ammi please, you too please come home" Ahad said still not leaving his brother "okay I'll come home soon, you can go home with Ahmad, he came here with his car, I'll take your bike to your penthouse soon okay?" Ashar said, to which Ahad gave a single nod, breaking the hug he went to get in Ahmad's car and closed his eyes.....