CHAPTER 12

AHAD POV:

After completing my work at the office, I came back home in my car, taking the blazer off, I sat on the couch, closing my eyes I took a deep breath when suddenly felt a hand caressing my head, opening my eyes I looked at my mother....

I smiled as she took a seat on my left side, giving my attention to her knowing she might have something to say at this time of the day "I do not want anything to hurt my baby, not even a little insect, and I want you to tell me if you're okay with what I have decided for you" ammi said while playing with the corner of her dupatta "tell me what you have decided ammi jee" I said attentively and softly waiting for her reply.

"I want you to get married Ahad" I looked at my mother surprised, thinking if she has actually said yes to phupho proposal when she again said "I want you to get married to Hayat, she was once Eira best friend, I have thought about this very carefully and took this decision, I have talked with your father about it and he's happy if you're happy with it" I looked at her lost of words, I have a messed up past, I haven't overcome my trauma, I get nightmares sometimes, I'm pathetic, how will I take care of her if I'm myself so broke....

"I don't want to destroy my Bacha(baby) life marrying him with Seema and that is why I want you to say yes to this proposal so your father won't have a word to say when her sister talk about her daughter's marriage proposal to him" ammi's words made sense and I too think if ammi has selected a girl for me then she might be great herself.....but will she accept me and my traumas, will she help me heal?

I gave a nod and stood up. "It's a yes from me, ammi." I said, and walk to my room, Hayat, Hayat.... I have heard this name a lot from my Eira mouth. Every time we talk on video calls, she talks about her friend Hayat...

It was Sunday already, we are today going to her house, to see my future bride, I'm nervous, I don't know if I should really feel this way or not, would she love me or not, will she say yes or will walk away, will she judge me for my weakness or she'll be my strength?. A lot of questions were running through my head, I had a talk with Hammad about my marriage and he was the happiest, such a brat friend I have, I told him to join me here but he denied, while my own brother is busy with his work that he couldn't come too, and here I'm alone with my parents, suddenly baba put his hand on my hand and gave me the unknown strength that I wanted.....

Sitting on the lawn, I was having tea. She didn't come with the tea as most girls do, but it's okay, I don't mind it.... things start getting awkward with tea thing...."Here comes my chanda." Wasn't her name Hayat? I thought to myself and looked up and met with the hazel brown eyes looking at me directly. The captive eyes looked away when I looked down and said, "Masha Allah."

"Hayat come here and sit with me," ammi said, and this time I scrunched my eyebrows, and put my fingers on my eyes whispering damn Ahad you are stupid her nickname is chanda not real name, I said and looked up as my ammi hit my shoulder lightly "You two can talk at the garden, go" I finally looked up and took her image print in my head. White kurta with black dupatta on side, her long jet black hair opened up, I was captive by her in one met..... "Masha Allah," the only word left my mouth after meeting her gaze with mine.....

We strolled through the garden, no one broke the silence I wanted to ask her something when she suddenly said "I'm Hayat, they are my chacha chachi, my father doesn't support me so everything will be done by my chachu only, I haven't completed my graduation, I want to continue my studies, I race and go on long drive, I read a lot and yeah I'm 24 years old, ohh yeah I dress in hoodies mostly, I don't wear abbaya, I mostly forget to pray, I stay outside most of the time, and I agreed to marry you was because my father had been persisting me to hand over my mother property to him and I want someone to protect me from all the drama he might create in the near future" she said and looked at my way, she's way to small for me, cute, I thought and face palmed myself why would I say something like that, Allah help me please, she might be 5'7, her looking up at me while me looking down at her.....

Giving my attention to her I said "I'm Ahad Mir, I don't have any problem with you marrying me, taking just your chacha chachi blessings, I don't have any problem with you working on your future study plan, I'll support and encourage you towards it more actually. I do race, too. We'll go together to race after marriage, if you're okay? I do go for a long drive, but on my bike, I don't like reading, but I have read some Urdu novels, and yeah, I'm 29 years old, I would love if you wear abbaya but it's all up to your choice, you can have my hoodies too if you like, I don't wear them often actually, I can remind you to pray, and I can join you too if you want and yeahh I stay outside mostly too, but I can change this habit if you want, and I don't mind being your protector, as a husband it would be my responsibility and I will willing fulfil it" I replied to each problem or thing she said, I loved they way she opened up to me about things she think is important, looking at her reaction I think she didn't expect me to say all these..... her eyes went wide, those hazel brown eyes going wide looked so beautiful, "Masha Allah" I whispered as we were soon called inside.....I need to share about my trauma and nightmares situation to her, but I don't think it's the right time, I have made my mind to look for a psychologist so I can be a better version of myself for her.......