CHAPTER 38

AUTHOR POV:

Hayat came back from the university and called Ahad to ask him about his meetings, but the calls were forwarded to voice mail instead, Hayat left some text...

Bubba: Bubba, let me know how your meeting went....!
Bubba: Bubba, I’m going to ammi jee house today, I’m having an off tomorrow, so I’ll spend time there with ammi and abbu jee...
Bubba: Please eat on time, okay, take care hmm
Bubba: And don’t forget to text me back after you get free. Hmm...

After texting Ahad, Hayat went to get changed into her favourite flower printed white sundress. Coming out, she applied her favourite moisturizer while taking her acne cream in her bag, getting her hair tied in a ponytail since she didn’t know how to braid her hair...she remembered the memory of Ahad......”meri jaan, are you ready to leave for our outing?” Asked Ahad after coming out of the washroom, cleaning his face with a towel as he looked at her, who was looking frustrated clearly, her face was scrunched up as she tried to tie her hairs in a braid, clearly not paying attention to her surrounding, Ahad moved towards her, holding her waist from behind he looked at her face from the mirror, seeing her eyes softening seeing him behind her, she said, “I’m sorry, just give me some time, I’ll be ready soon, hmm” Hayat gave her husband pleading eyes not know how much his heart was melting for her cute behaviour, “are you struggling braiding your hair?” Asked Ahad as he smiled and continued to look at her, “I know how to braid my hair. It’s just its tangling a lot when I’m braiding them because I don’t know.” She ended up saying nothing like he won’t understand her, Ahad circled his hands around her waist and said, “I know what you’re trying to say is, that when you tie your hair, the reason you can’t make it into a braid repeatedly is because a few strands keep slipping out” Ahad glance at her side face as her face light up as she turned her face towards him, suddenly getting stunned because of the gap between their face was so little that made Hayat to see her eyes clearing in his black eyes as she gulped and turned towards the mirror, nodding her head, as Ahad just smiled and said, “then sit down and let me tie your hair in a braid,” sitting down on the chair, she looked at his face as he started to comb her hair, then braiding them without tangling her hair, “You’re good at it Ahad, how many girls hair have you braided before me, hmmm” Hayat said looking at him through the mirror sternly, “just Eira” Ahad said looking at her with a smile as he continued, “don’t get jealous baby, I’m all yours” making her heart race Ahad did her hair, getting her up he placed a peck on her forehead as he said, “let’s go begum” taking her hand they walked out........

Hayat felt empty without her husband, whom she had married for three months or less, she has started to feel the bond which she never thought would be there between them, she has started to love him a little more than before as she got up and took her phone, taking some pictures of herself she sent them to Ahad with a caption of, “Come back soon bubba, your home is missing you” remembering how Ahad said that she is his home, she is the one who made the house his home again....she took her bag, with the shopping bags which contain her Saree, wanting to know how to wear it from her ammi jee, she made her way out of the house.....getting inside her car she started the engine and drive towards the destination.....

Ahad came out of the airport as early as he could after checking out. It was currently 1 am. In the morning, turning his phone on, he saw his phone flooded with messages and calls.....from his family....seeing the last call was just half hour ago, he thought something serious has happened...clicking on Hayat’s chat he read the messages from top to bottom...

My wife: Bubba, let me know how your meeting went.....
My wife: Bubba, I’m going to ammi jee house today, I’m having an off tomorrow, so l’ll spend time there with ammi and abbu jee..
My wife: Please eat on time, okay, take care, hmmm
My wife: And don’t forget to text me back after you get free from your work. Hmmm..
My wife: [pictures of herself] come back soon, Bubba, your home is missing you...
My wife: Well, do I look beautiful?
My wife: Ahad, are you upset about meeting? Did something happen there? Why aren’t you attending my calls and not even responding to my messages.
My wife: Ahad I’m telling ammi abbu jee about your behaviour, I’m really worried..
My wife: [missed calls] 5
My wife: Bubba, you can’t ignore me like this. You told me you will always protect me, you’ll always be there for me, Bubba, where are you?
My wife: [missed calls] 10
My wife: Bubba.....