CHAPTER 35

AHAD POV:

I have been here in Chicago for some days now, Sahil needed us and here we are with him, hearing him, helping him, solving the problem as we can, after my stay in Chicago I moved to China for my new project meeting and work, as the client delayed the meeting for three times in row and I couldn't say anything as he was genuinely busy with his wife and new born baby, time has been going really slow, like everything's taking its longest time moving forward, as everything around me is stopping me to go home to my wife, as everything in me was desperately in need to see her...hug her...kiss her...admire her...observe her...and everything...as everything in me just wanted to have her in my arms at the moment, talking to her daily on video call was not helping the situation as I just wanted her near me, every night sleeping without her in my arms as the night pass by with coldness filled the other side of my bed, as every morning tells me much I miss her yet can't be with her, as everything in me really desperately need her...

Coming back to my hotel room after looking at the project site, I sat on the couch, feeling thirsty and tired, I was not able to sleep last night, I had a really bad headache last night which woke me up the entire night, but one thing which was good that I had the whole time to myself to look at my beautiful wife, yeah her....she insisted to be on call with me every night I go to sleep, even if she has classes, after my nightmare experience in front of her, she has started to look after my mental health like it's her responsibility, I somehow remember how she ignored me before our marriage just because she was battling with the thoughts of if she'll be able to be the best wife for me, those memories just makes me smile thinking how forward she has came with everything, she has started to mould herself into being my wife, my day starts with her and ends with her, and I'm every time asking Allah what have I done to deserve her.....closing my eyes I took some deep breath when my phone started to ring, looking at the caller name, I smiled and picked it up, "You're back from the meeting already?" Asked my wife even before she greeted me, she has developed this habit of worrying, she doesn't know but I have notice how she'll directly start talking about the problem or anything when she's worrying and if she's all carefree and happy she'll greet before starting talk about a new topic, "Yes, I'm back begum" I smiled and said as I looked at my wife who was tying her hairs in a bun, "Let your hair stay open on your shoulders begum, don't tie it up, they look beautiful open up while the wind scattered them around your face" I said without thinking twice and in reaction I saw my wife stopped right there with a hair clip in her right hand while the left hand had her hairs in it, hazel eyes widen up, lips little parted, I could see her taking a long breath, collecting herself together she looked at me and said, "don't I look beautiful with my hairs in a bun, bubba?" Once widen eyes were now doe, once parted lips were now in a pout as she asked such a question, "I- that- ahm- you look beautiful always jaan, you just make my heart a little more flatter with your open hairs" I said with a smile and gleam eyes, as she let out a laugh and changed the subject, we were talking when I told her to hold on so I could go change as she started to move towards our home office to study, after changing my clothes I came out and looked at my schedule, my mood turned sore as I could see I have to stay in China for a week more, I have to visit the side with our partner as my assistant while I have to attend four meetings in row tomorrow, I was desperate to go home and meet my wife and family, she's all alone in our house, she doesn't want to go to chachi house nor my parents house too, I looked at my wife who has set the camera and is now making notes, "Ahad, my laptop isn't working, and your laptop is with you, I need to make an assignment, what should I do?" Said my wife while her eyes frown, looking at her laptop, "don't worry, wifey, I'll get Ashar to buy you a new one and send it home now" I said and studied her frame, wearing a royal blue colour dress with a sapphire locket that I gifted her and jhumka (earrings) pair with some golden colour bangles with a gold ring in her right hand which ammi gifted her, she looked damn beautiful... "Ahad, Ahad, are you even listening to me?" coming out of my thoughts, I looked at her as she asked me where I was lost, to which I said, "In you. " she had a smile on her face, which she was trying to hide by biting her lower lips as she cleared her throat and started talking again...