CHAPTER 7

AHAD POV:

Sunday has always been my favourite day. She was born on this day, and every Sunday feels like the luckiest even now, too. I always make sure to be productive on my weekends, not wanting to just sleep but work on my habits and personality, I woke up early today, after namaz I did not sleep but made a list of things I wanted to do, I went to shop groceries for my penthouse and some bike kits for me, on my way back to home I got some freshly baked cookies, ammi love cookies of Kababjees and I surely do not forget to get her those....

Thinking to have a brotherly time with Ashar. I called him, "Come, let's go to Seaview, then I'll accompany you to your today's race" I cut the call and waited for him to at seaside, watching the waves playing with each other while coming closer every time a new wave hit, the shores hit the sandy beach, second by second new waves trying to come closer to the land side, observing my surrounding, taking some deep breath I looked forward, "bhai, it's AFTERNOON, how can you come here right now, you called me here to do what?? I am getting bored already yarr" Ashar complained like always, he has always be the sunshiny person, not replying to his nonsense I kept my gazed focused on the waves, some minutes later I did not find him near me, looking around I found him standing with a girl in some great distance, he went to the roadside really fast, I thought to myself and started walking towards him, wanting to go with him to have a race at this time of the day.....

It's night already, sitting on my bike, I looked forward, nodding to all the things Ahmed is telling me, Ahmed is a doctor and a racer too, never letting go of his passion he did what he wanted with heart, I had always admired Ashar's company, my parents raised us with love and taught us about the bond we should share with each other, while I was a little cold yet people pleaser, my two siblings were opposite of me, they had a sunshine personality with straight forward mouth, I was talking with Ahmed while I sat on my bike leaning forward a little to hear what he was whispering to me about Ashar wrongdoings, suddenly I felt someone continues gaze on me, I felt stiffness at the back of my neck from the continuous gaze, the tingling feeling I felt was unusual, wanting to see who is it, I looked towards the direction but found no one looking but a car, to be specific Mercedes amg gt, black in colour the model should be 2019, the car is super expensive and good but I never saw this car here before, might be a new comer, shrugging the thought I turned back and focused on our talk....

Today's race was not a race but showcase about your bike and cars like drifting, wheeling, and much more, I didn't want to join this, but as always, I can never say NO to my baby brother, I have office tomorrow and today was hectic, I couldn't figure out if I'm tired, drained emotionally or physically, but whatever it was it didn't feel good....

It was already midnight when I came home, to my mother, I looked for her and found her sitting with phupho (paternal aunt) at this time of the night? I didn't know phupho came from Lahore already and that she would talk to my mother....that's strange, my mother and my aunt doesn't share a very nice bond since my aunt hates my mother's guts to always correcting my father...

Sitting at the lounge, taking slow and steady steps towards them, thinking to greet my phupho and ask her about her health when I overheard her saying "Marry your Ahad with my daughter, she can take care of him, he's already a depressed brat, always sad, you guys have spoiled him, don't you know a boy should not show his emotions like a girl!! He didn't save her, did he? He let her die there, then why crying now? Always crying in your lap like a small kid, a 29 year old man cries like a kid, Astagfirullah, that's so embarrassing Sofia, listen to me, and marry him to my Seema he will be a man again." Listening to what my own phupho has said for me, can I defend her? I wanted to step towards her and tell her how her words can affect another person but my feet were freeze there, I couldn't take a step towards them, my emotions were taking the best of me, I couldn't control anymore and walked out of the place...

AUTHOR POV:

Riding his bike at a full speed of 320 km/h, not caring about his surroundings, feeling his eyes getting blurred, he didn't care and drove as fast as he could, words, words that can make any relation shatter, words that can change a beautiful relation to bitter ones...words that affected him to his core, words of his own family that hurt him more.... he drove, breaking the signals, speeding the bike, not caring about anything....

He saw the signal green and sped up his bike, crossing the flyover, speeding his bike more as the roads were almost empty with just some vehicles, he may have broken some signals but his mind wasn't working, looking at next stop signal turn green, he speed up his bike more when he saw a car coming from the wrong way. He couldn't stop his bike there. Right at the moment, he couldn't think straight and suddenly everything turned upside down, his bike collided with a sports car. He crashed into the car with his head covered in helmet but not his body covered in bike kit, he was thrown out of his bike, crashing with the road seeing his bike and the car fully damaged, the empty road did no justice to them, he looked at his bike through his helmet and saw it laying on the road, broken like his own soul, the car damaged, he could faintly see someone in the car, he looked at his bike again, his eyes focused on his bike, memories started floating around him, he saw the scene from 4 years ago vividly in front of his eyes, still focused on his bike, he started crying, crying harder than he ever had, he took some deep breath and tried, tried to stand up, failed.... tried again.... taking a deep breath again, he tried and limped walked towards his bike. When suddenly he couldn't feel his legs working, falling down on his keens as his lower body went numb. He looked towards the car and felt unconscious in the middle of the road.....