Chapter 9

My heart dropped, at his request. What makes him think I'm even remotely capable of this?

"No. No, I, I can't. I'm not what you think. I can't do this, I'm sorry." I was beginning to ramble out of pure nervousness as I felt David put his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and he said to me

"Hey. It's okay. Listen to me. Breathe. Take a moment, and breathe. I know it's a lot, all of a sudden." I don't know why, but David's firm, yet gentle touch, almost instantly sent a wave of comfort through me.

I collected myself and caught my breath. For a moment I just sat there with my head in my hands as my mind ran crazy. Fuck me. Why this?

"David, I can't. There's no way I could go in there alone. I'm not some trained soldier like you think."

"That's just it, Carly. I don't think you're some cold hard trained assassin. I think you're a natural. You don't even realise just how impressive you really are and that sucks. Let me remind you really quick, that you came the way from California. You don't do that just by sheer luck. You learned, you adapted, you grew, at exponential rates. And I'm here to draw even more out of you. Because I know you've got it in you."

His words rang all throughout my mind, and honestly I was conflicted. Part of me understood what he meant. I mean I made a five year journey, from one side of country, to the other. The other part of me just chalked it up to dumb luck. The conflict going on was pulling me two ways and I can't tell which one to let take hold of me.

"Is there anything I can do to convince you? Anything you need, or wanna know?" Wait. I almost forgot.
"Well, there is actually. I've been hearing about you being chosen one, but I've got no idea what that means. Can you explain what all that is about?"

That peaked his interest. A smirk overtook his face and he laughed a bit, as he sat back in his chair. "I won't lie, I love getting that question. With that being said, I've only been asked a few times. Sucks. Anyway. Pay attention, this is gonna get interesting. Alright, so you remember the day this all went down, right?"

Oh yeah. I'll never forget. "Before everything started happening I was at school and then all a sudden I passed out. When I woke up I was in this garden. Not just some regular ole garden, though. This was the garden of eden."

"Woah, wait a second. Like, from the Bible?" I interjected to ask. "Eh, kinda. I don't know all the ins and outs, just from my experience. Now hush."

Well pardon me, then "But yeah, I wasn't alone, though. There were nine other people there, all equally confused. After a brief moment of discussing what the fuck was going on, we all realised none of us had any idea what the fuck was going on. That's when a voice called out to us and appeared before us was a woman. She was easily twelve feet tall, skin like milk chocolate, and a head of locs to the ground. Oh and she was completely naked. Quite the sight. She was a goddess. Literally. Maybe you've heard of her before. Her name is Mother nature."

"Wait a minute, what? Mother nature? You mean, like, literally?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes. The very one. Thought I was pretty clear about that. She called the ten of us there, and most of us were shocked, and, or in disbelief. Some refusing to believe that it was more than a dream. The way she described it, there wasn't necessarily anything special about why she chose us, she pretty much chose at random. Apparently her son was kidnapped at birth, and she needed help getting him back. Why can't the goddess just do it herself? Well, in her fit of rage, she used up most of her power, and lost her connection to the universe. She had just enough juice left to split it between us. She needs help getting her son back, so she bestowed us with godly gifts, and powers. Ten people, ten gifts, or artifacts, whatever you wanna call them. I got the Galaxy bag, which is this beauty right here."

He said as he stretched his hand out in front of him, and all of a sudden a small black bag, that resembled a small coin purse appeared in his palm.

I can't lie, it was a bit underwhelming. It honestly didn't look like much. Kinda made me question if he was just making this all up.

"That's uh, that's it? Looks pretty, cool. I guess." David chuckled and opened the bag. "I love this part. Alright, think of something, anything, and then reach in here, and pull it out."

What? There's no way. Reluctantly I reached my hand in the bag and before I knew it, my entire hand was in there, then half of my forearm, then all the way up to my elbow! The look on my face was of pure shock and disbelief. I couldn't wrap my head around what what happening.

"What the hell?" "Uh huh. Now think and pull." I was having a hard time wrapping my mind around anything, so I closed my eyes and just pulled my hand out and hoped for this to be true. I opened my eyes and in my grasp were a pair of, uh, pair of black lace panties that David snatched away from me as he nervously laughed

"Been looking for those." He cleared his throat and stood up, opening the bag before saying "That wasn't too good of an example. Watch this." He reached his hand in and began pulling out so many random items. Guns, food, knick knacks, you name it.

Before I could wrap my head around what was happening, the room was filled with a random assortment of items. I was speechless, after what I had just witnessed, it was so strange "Got a better idea of it, now?"

"Uh, it's like a bottomless bag, right?" A disappointed look took over David's face
"No, no, no. It's not bottomless. Weren't you listening, lady? Inside this bag is an entire universe, literally. I don't think universe bag rolls off the tongue, though. So I call it a galaxy bag. So like I said, I would literally never run out of space. I store things in here, reach in, think of what I want, or just pull at random, and boom. There it is. Watch this. Absorb!"

David gave the command and the bag began sucking everything he dumped it, like a vacuum or something. I was still having a hard time comprehending what was going on, but I didn't really have much choice but to try my best.

"Holy shit. This is, this is amazing. You said she gave you other stuff too? Powers?" I asked him "Yes ma'am. She gave us two more things, I forgot to mention the other. Powers, and an "Angel" as she called them. First I'll tell you about the powers."

He sat back down as he continued to talk "She suped us up, man. All the standard issue shit you usually see in all those super hero movies and shit. Super strength, speed, endurance, heightened intelligence, that kinda stuff. Godly type shit, yah know?"

"What!? You're serious?" I asked in a moment of pure shock and amazement.  "Sure am. We were all having a hard time believing this shit when it happened, but she gave us all a piece of her essence, and that is where the powers stemmed from."

"This is so insane. It's way more complicated than I could've ever imagined."

"Oh it gets better. The angels. Now they aren't actual angels, they're regular people like us, just more like a companion, you know. That's how I met Eden." "Really? Woah. How'd she take to that?"

"Well apparently what happened was Mother Nature pulled them out of all the chaos, and brought them to the garden, which was double shock for them. The ten of us didn't even know what was going on outside until they told us. They were snatched away from their families, and whatever else. I don't know how everyone else handled it, but Eden was distraught. She was ripped right away from her son. Once I got her to calm down I told her that the first thing we'd do was go get him. Thankfully she only lived two states over, in South Carolina, so it wasn't too hard."

"Wait, you guys have kids?" I asked with a surprised look on my face

"Yes. We've got five now, but this one was from another relationship, so that makes six. Eden and I fell in love, and started having kids together. The first set was triplets, then the next year she has twins. Needless to say, we're done having kids at the moment. That's where she is right now, home watching the kids. They're probably still sleep, actually."

A look of pure shock overtook my face before I said "Holy. Fuck. David you're really just laying it all out, right now. This is way more than I was expecting. I don't know if I'm more shocked about the Mother Nature thing, or the sheer amount of kids you guys have. How the hell did you convince her to do that?" At that moment a sweet soft voice rang out as the door opened and bunch of children came swarming in

"Stockholm's. He's a master wordsmith,I swear." Eden called out in response to me.