Chapter 26

"I'm sorry....What?" I asked, completely baffled by what I just heard. "What do you mean you're the tools?" I genuinely couldn't even fathom what they just said to me

"It'll be better to just show you. Goon, have at it" Jay said, and with a big smile on his face, Goon walked up to a nearby tree, and rolled up his sleeves before saying "Watch this. I think you'll be impressed." and with one swift motion, gripped both sides of this massive tree, and started to pull it up. He grunted, while the veins in his arms popped out, and he gritted his pretty teeth.

After about five seconds, roots started popping up out of the ground, snapping, and before I knew it, this man had uprooted this tree, pushing it over with the rest.

I was absolutely speechless, nothing made sense, anymore. "We're not done yet. Tae, you're up" Taeyoon nodded his head, and stepped up to another,and  stood with his body to the side. He took a deep breath, and in one swift motion, did a 360 spin and kicked the tree, toppling it over.

As it crashed into the other trees, making a loud sound, I just stood there, amazed, bewildered, and in disbelief. There's no way these guys are human.

I looked over at Jay and he just had this smug look of pride on his face "One more, and then we'll get started with today's lesson." I've barely had time to comprehend what I just saw, and he's about to do something else. I can't figure out whether I hate these guys, or envy em.

Crow stepped up beside me, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulled out two claw like weapons "I'm a bit different than the rest of these guys. I use Tekko Kagi, and Edgar uses his beak. Check this out." Crow stepped up, and slashed through this tree, once, then twice, each time going deeper, like it was nothing.

The tree started to fall down, but before it could, from above us, I heard a caw from Edgar as he came swooping down. This monstrous creature, with no problem, blitzed right through the tree, shattering it into pieces, and flying right back into the sky.

"Alright! Alright, I get it... Holy fuck, you guy's aren't human." I took a seat on the ground, trying my best to take in what I just saw. Seeing someone like David, do crazy stuff like this, makes sense, even if not much. These guys, though? Seemingly regular humans, and then they pull a tree out of the ground, with their body, or giant pet bird. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Jay walked up to me and said "I was gonna have you train with Tae, today, but I figured I'd show you what we get up to, when we're not at the apartments. My goal is to have you helping us take down these trees, within six months."

"Surely you're kidding, right? Six months? I can't even fathom the thought of being able to do this" As I talked, my head was to the ground. Every time I feel excited, or like I'm starting to make progress, I get reminded, just how weak I really am. As I sat there, falling into a pit of despair, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up, and the guys were all around me, Jay knelt down in front of me, his rough voice saying "We'll be helping you every step of the way. You wanna be a monster like us, so we're gonna make you into one." In that moment I was reminded that things take time, but I'm not alone. Not anymore.

Jay stood up, and extended his hand to me. I grabbed it, and rose to my feet, and with a renewed sense of confidence I asked "Alright. So what am I doing today?"

"I wanna start you on conditioning your hands and legs, getting them stronger, able to take and dish out more. We've all worked our bodies into unstoppable forces of nature." Goon cut in on the conversation to add in "And don't forget that you bruised one of those forces of nature" The guys laughed a bit at Jay's expense, and Jay continued on "Ha Ha, real funny. I hate it, but he's right. You're a special case, because you aren't starting from the ground up."

"Honestly, those five years hardened your body much more than you realize. Every fight you got into, every injury, you came back stronger whether you realized it or not. The place you're lacking at the most, is your mind. You don't believe in yourself, and that's understandable, but we're all gonna do what we can to change that. Don't get me wrong, you're not on our level, but much stronger than you realize" Last part was a bit unnecessary, but alright.

Jay walked up to another tree, put his hand on it, and said "This is your tree. You're gonna spend the next however long it takes, knocking this down." I just stood there for a moment, observing the tree. what took these guys seconds, was gonna take me months. But I had to hold on to the thought that even Though It'd take so long, I'd still do it. I won't give up, not anymore.

"First thing we've gotta do is figure out what you'll use." Jay said, leaning back against the tree. I walked closer, and put my hand on the tree. I might as well of been touching a boulder, these trees weren't like normal. Makes sense, though, nothing is these days.

"All I have is my body. My hands, and legs" I responded, not sure what that would even entail.

Jay, with a smile on his face on his face, responded "That's what I like to hear. Your body is the weapon that you need to build up the most. Without it, nothing else matters. Punch this tree."

And we're back to the bullshit. Great. I put two fingers on my forehead and rubbed, mainly out of frustration, but fuck, this shit is making my head hurt, too. "Jay... What are you talking about?"

"I know you won't break it, but you need to start going at it. Listen to me, you've been adjusting your body to whatever predicament you're in, from what I can tell. You hold yourself back, and that's a terrible trait to have, when you don't know your own strength. You should've been beating Lilith when you trained together, but you were nervous, and didn't believe in yourself. You're not training with her anymore. Don't think about basic shit, I wanna see that girl that lived outside the walls for five years. Channel that."

I tried to take everything he was saying, and accept it, really realize what he was saying. Understand it. My life beyond the walls flashed through my mind. it was like I was living through it all again, every memory flowing through me, the feelings washing over me, like a tsunami.

My body tensed up, and I clenched my fist, without even thinking about it, I threw a punch at the tree.

Terrible idea, holy shit. I immediately drew my hand back and winced in pain "Fuck! Why the hell did I listen to you? This is a fucking tree!" I looked up to Jay, and he had a stupid grin on his face, pointing to the tree "Yeah, probably skinned myself on this-"

My rant was cut short when I looked at the tree, and saw a chunk missing....right where I punched it at. I started to laugh, until it trailed off into a hysterical laughter, as I was in disbelief.