Riju Plans Revenge

Meanwhile, Ganondorf was once again seated at his desk, shuffling through his many papers. He'd just sent for someone and was awaiting his arrival.

Sure enough, seconds later, the face of his army general appeared at the door.

"Ah, Sooga; there you are. Please come forward," the prince said with a smile.

"You wanted to see me, your majesty?" The tall, broad-shouldered captain of the guard asked, making his way over to his majesty's desk.

Ganondorf cleared his throat.

"Yes Sooga, indeed I did. It's a matter of urgency," he explained, as the burly captain headed over to his chair and kneeled beside him.

"I've received word that on our wedding night, thieves will break into the castle and murder my bride. Therefore, I want the local Thieves Forest completely cleared," the future king explained, not noticing the light sound of a satin hem brushing the floor.

"What about me?" Zelda asked, standing in the open doorway.

Today's gown was pink, and a part of her golden hair had been braided to form a crown, framing the rest of what fell down her back.

Ganondorf, albeit awkwardly, stood up, with Sooga quickly following suit.

"It's nothing, my dear. Sooga and were merely discussing some business with the military," he replied, offering her a warm smile. "That is all."

Zelda, although her expression was a suspicious one, decided to just shrug it off.

"Alright then, if you insist. But, has my letter to Link been delivered yet?" She asked, silently ticking Ganondorf off even more.

The prince vouchsafed a forced chuckle in return.

"Soon, my angel, soon. Have patience," he answered, trying his absolute hardest not to throw the nearby candleholder at her.

Zelda figured it was better to just leave him be. She nodded her head and turned on her heel, continuing down the hallway she was walking through.

Once the prince was certain she was out of earshot, he turned to Sooga once more.

"I will not have her harmed," he spoke through gritted teeth.

Although Sooga wore a mask to conceal his face, one could still tell through the tone of his voice that he felt sheepish.

"But sir, clearing the Thieves Forest would be an insanely high demand," he explained with a light shake of his head, but to no avail, the prince only continued to insist.

"Form a brute squad then!" He huffed, "I want that forest completely empty by the time of the ceremony tomorrow!"

***

Although the prince's order was a tall one, Sooga immediately got to work forming a squad and clearing out the ruffians from the forest.

The soldiers and officers wandered all over, pushing and shoving people left and right. None of them had the slightest idea of what was going on.

Standing upon a wooden bridge, overshadowing a babbling creek, Sooga watched as his men carried out Ganondorf's orders.

That was until one of his officers rushed up to give him his status report.

"Have all the mongrels been eliminated?" Sooga asked him, as the officer ran down a small check list he'd prepared.

"Yes sir, almost, except I've received reports that there's one giving us trouble down by the huts," he explained, much to his superior's chagrin.