Prepare To Die

Ganondorf left the ceremonial room with a huff, leaving his new wife standing there in front of the alter with his elderly parents.

The guests slowly began rising one by one, preparing to head home, while the king gently took Zelda's arm and began leading her down the aisle. 

"He... didn't come in time..." the young princess mumbled to herself, her heart beginning to slowly crumble like the walls of an old castle.

Thankfully, she was mistaken. Link, Sidon, Yunobo and Riju were dashing and weaving through the labyrinth of halls, trying to find where they were performing the ceremony.

Link had regained a little bit of feeling in his legs, but not enough to stand on his own, so Yunobo helped lug him around.

The young gerudo was head of the party, her scimitar in hand. Every time they reached a new hallway, she peered her head around to check if the coast was clear.

"This way," she spoke lowly, motioning for her friends to follow.

Yunobo pulled Link to a stand again, and the four of them wandered out into the main area of the hall.

That's when all of a sudden, they heard a rumble of footsteps growing louder and louder, till finally, a band of five soldiers rounded the corner.

It was him; Rugen, accompanied by four other guards.

Upon seeing his evil face, Riju was struck with a torrent of painful familiarity, and her blood went ice cold. This was the man she watched stand over her mother's slain body that fateful day all those years ago.

Rugen seemed to recognize her too, although she was no longer the frightened, pusillanimous little girl he'd known previously.

She was a young woman now, with a sword in her hand and lightning in her veins.

The flicker of fire in her eyes was enough to get Rugen to usher the guards towards her friends.

"Dispose of the three men, I'll handle the gerudo..." he spoke gravely.

Almost immediately, the guards charged forward past Riju, but they weren't quick enough. The young girl slashed them all with her blade, striking them down to the ground within a matter of seconds.

She slowly brought her scimitar up and pointed it at the Count, eyeing him with the most terrifying, determined stare he'd ever witnessed.

"Hello," she finally spoke after a brief pause.

"My name is Riju of gerudo town. You killed my mother. Prepare to die..."

Rugen stared at her, wide-eyed and dumbfounded before he abruptly turned on his heel and darted back down the hall he came from. Tail between his legs.

With no hesitation, Riju charged forward, chasing after him as he circled the corner and dashed down another hall.

Sidon, Yunobo and Link all exchanged looks.

Growing up in the ruthless desert had carefully molded the young gerudo. Chasing this vile monster down would be no problem for her.

Unfortunately, Rugen was nimble. He quickly opened a door, retreated inside, slammed it and locked it behind him.

Riju was close behind, and with all her strength slammed herself against the wooden barrier.

"Yunobo!" She screamed down the hallway for her friend. "He's getting away from me, Yunobo, please help me!"

The goron, terrified out of his mind, handed Link's limp body over to Sidon, who took him while he hobbled down the hall after Riju.

When he turned the corner, he saw her repeatedly bashing herself against the door, unsuccessfully trying to knock it down or open it somehow.