Mawage

Zelda sat at her vanity, looking more beautiful than she'd ever looked in her life. Her shortened hair was done in delicate curls, and her opalescent gown was encrusted with every jewel the earth could produce. Upon her head was an equally mesmerizing crown.

Ganondorf was helping to fasten a heavy, diamond necklace. Although to Zelda it didn't matter how stunning it looked, the necklace might as well have been a chain people put dogs on.

The prince seemed to notice her less than jovial mood.

"Whatever is the matter, my dear?" he asked, as if he hadn't just murdered his fiancé's true love moments before. "I thought you'd be excited."

Zelda let out a sigh, stopping to clear her throat when she felt Ganondorf was pulling the pendant tighter around her neck.

"Should I be?" She asked coldly, as he finished hooking the jewelry.

Ganondorf shrugged his cape-covered shoulders. He too was dressed so extravagantly that one could possibly go blind if they stared too long at him.

"I've been told brides often are on their wedding day," he replied, as his princess rose from her chair.

Zelda looked him straight in the eye, fearful of him no longer.

"I do not marry tonight," she said bluntly. "Link will come and save me."

And with that, she stormed off, the elaborate train of her dress trailing behind her.

Ganondorf was unfazed, knowing full well no one would be coming for her. He couldn't help but give way to a cruel, vindictive grin.

***

However, the prince was very much wrong. Link and his band of new friends all crouched low behind one of the castle's stone walls.

Night had fallen, and just as before, the gate was guarded by the sixty men from before. Each of them was on high alert, scanning the darkness for any sudden movements.

Riju looked between her friends.

"Alright," she began. "Yunobo, you get ready. Sidon, Link and I will help wheel you in."

The group all nodded in unison, and the young goron grabbed hold of his holocaust cloak.

Sidon, in an effort to be encouraging, stuck his hand in the middle, urging Riju and Yunobo to place their hands atop his.

Link, not wanting to be rude, mustered up all his strength and haphazardly managed to toss his hand on last.

Meanwhile, inside the castle, Zelda and Ganondorf's marriage ceremony was commencing. The pews were lined with guests, most, if not all, completely unfamiliar to the princess. They were all mostly her fiancé's friends, family, and other nobles that he wanted to show off to.

As per Ganondorf's usual taste, the room was teeming with delicate white flowers and at least a hundred candles were burning in their elaborate, pulchritudinous candelabras. His elderly parents sat by his side, but no one sat by Zelda's.

The fact her parents wouldn't be there to watch her, and Link get married almost drew tears from her eyes. But deep down inside, it further fueled her desire to escape this marriage.