If Only We Had A Wheelbarrow

Just as Prince Ganondorf had ordered, a legion of men stood outside the castle gates, all in distinct formation.

They awaited any possible interruptions that might interfere with the soon-to-occur royal wedding. All of them were on high alert.

However, clearly that alert wasn't high enough, for none of them heard the group of misfits busy clambering their way up the castle wall.

Riju led the way, letting her friends behind her know whether or not it was safe to move forward.

"Careful, you're gonna smack his head against the wall!" Sidon whispered urgently, as he and Yunobo worked to lug Link's lifeless body up a discrete set of steps.

After the goron had whispered back a hushed apology, they eventually noticed Riju had crouched down behind a stone railing, peeping over the top to try and count how many enemies they were dealing with.

Considering both Sidon and Yunobo were decently sizable, hiding behind the little wall was tricky, but thankfully not impossible.

"Here, set him down," Riju whispered, while her friends followed orders.

Yunobo, although highly shaky and nervous, managed to finally lean Link up against the railing. The farm boy's head was quick to loll to the side.

Riju dug around in her satchel for the miracle cure.

"How are you gonna get him to swallow it if he's completely out cold?" Sidon asked, as Riju unraveled the paper Sonia had put the pill in.

She sighed. "We'll have to force feed him. Tilt his head back and open his mouth."

The zora wasted no further time, and Riju slowly managed to force in the medicine.

Afterwards, they sat there in suspense for a couple seconds.

"Gee, I wonder how long this is going to take to-"

Link's eyes popped open, clearly jarred from his newly regained aliveness. He looked around at the three strange faces watching him.

"Who are you all? What am I doing-?"

Riju placed a hand over his mouth to keep him from alerting Ganondorf's men.

"Calm down, it's okay. We're not going to hurt you. It's me, remember?" She said, gently letting go of his face.

Link was confused beyond belief. His last memories were of lying strapped to the uncomfortable board in the dungeon and having his life force ruthlessly torn from his body.

Thankfully, once he set eyes on Riju, he felt a little more secure.

"Oh yes... yes, I do remember you. But... what am I doing here? And why won't my limbs move..."

Yunobo scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, for starters, you've been mostly dead all day. We had Rauru the miracle-worker create a magic spell to bring you back," he confessed, while Link tried processing everything that was going on.

"Well, thank you, but where's Zelda?" He asked, quickly realizing that his true love was still very much gone.

Sidon knelt down in front of him.

"Here, let me explain," he began, until he remembered the sun was actively going down.

"Er- never mind, let me sum up. Prince Ganondorf is getting ready to marry Zelda in a little less than half an hour, so all we have to do is break into the castle, steal back the princess, and get out. That is before Riju challenges Count Rugen," Sidon told him.

It took Link a moment, but he seemed to register their plan.

"Sounds like you've got all this worked out, but breaking in won't be easy... what are our liabilities...?"

"Your brains, my steel, and Yunobo and Sidon's brawn, against..." Riju peered over the wall to see if all Ganondorf's men were still positioned. "...Sixty men."

Link wasn't really one to cower at potential odds, but just about anyone would agree that a matchup of four against more than ten times their numbers sounded daunting.

"Goodness..." was all he managed to say for a while. "If I had a month to plan maybe we'd have a chance but I'm honestly not sure about this."

His allies looked a little downtrodden, but even they understood they were asking a tall favor of him.

Yunobo, in an effort to lighten the mood made a comment on Link's healing process.

"Well, hey, you just shook your head!" He remarked.

Link sighed, nodding his head in thanks.

"I've always been a quick healer," he replied, rather exhaustedly. "If only we had a wheelbarrow, maybe I could figure something out."

Riju perked up at the notion.

"Wait, Sidon; do we still have the wheelbarrow that Koltin was pushing outside the dungeon?" She asked.

The zora thought for a moment before nodding.

"Well, yeah. We'd have to go get it in the woods but it's not far at all and I don't remember anything happening to it," he answered. "Anything else?"

Link sighed again, trying to rack his brain for some kind of plan. The thought of finally getting to hold Zelda again at the front of his mind.

"Yes. A holocaust cloak," he said. "Although they're incredibly rare and highly difficult to-"

Yunobo drew forth a large, black cloak from his satchel, and everyone looked at him for a moment in sheer amazement.

"Wh-where did you get that?" Riju asked, earning a shrug from the goron.

"Found it at Rauru's place. I liked it so much that he said I could keep it."

He looked to Link to check if it was acceptable, and Link smiled.

"It looks perfect. Hoist me up and let's go find that wheelbarrow; I have an idea now," he told the group, the pinky of his left hand moving slightly.

Obeying his orders, Sidon hitched the farm boy up on his back.

"Hey! Did you see that? You just wiggled your finger! That's wonderful!" Yunobo spoke excitedly, as the group made their way down the stone walls of the castle and back into the woods.