Poppy

(I do the nervous tics, and I shut down exactly like this, so please don't judge either of those things!)

Poppy smiled at Branch as they walked through the village, her little brother seemed much more anxious then normal..

She looked up at the sky, expecting to see a beautiful blue and a bright sun, maybe even a few clouds!

She frowned when she saw a grey sky, lots of dark clouds, and no sun.

She looked back to Branch who was very close to her, clinging to her arm.

Branch looked up at her with wide eyes.

Poppy stopped walking and carefully moved him in front of her, "Hey buddy, what's wrong?"

Branch looked even more nervous as he bit his lip, "Th-Thunder...bergens.."

Poppy thought for a moment before realizing what he meant, "The thunder sounds like bergens? When they walk?"

Branch nodded and bit his thumb, a nervous tic he'd picked up from John Dory.

Poppy took a deep breath, she quickly took notice of the anxious movement and she grabbed his hand from his mouth.

"Let's go to my pod, okay?"

Branch shook his head and tried to pull away, "Bunker!"

Poppy stopped trying to pull him with her but held his arm, "Your bunker?"

Branch nodded, "Safe!"

Poppy bit her lip, Branch is shutting down, only giving one word responses, "But, we're friends with the bergens.."

Branch shook his head, "No!"

Poppy sighed, "Branch, I don't understand.."

Branch squeezed his eyes shut, becoming frustrated as he turned and began to make his way directly to his bunker.

Poppy followed him, a bit upset at herself, she'd done something wrong and now Branch had shut down completely.

They made it to the bunker quickly, Branch opened the door and visibly hesitated to let Poppy inside, but eventually did allow her in, not wanting her to be stuck in the rain or trapped with bergens.

Branch personally loves the rain and being in it, he just can't understand why no one else seems to like it!

Floyd also used to love being in the rain...

Branch shook his head to get out of his thoughts as he went as far down into his bunker as he could with Poppy.

Once they made it to the very bottom, Branch wandered away from her, walking into his bedroom and flopping on his bed.

Poppy walked in after him and sighed, she layed next to him, "Branch, I'm sorry for what I did...I probably made you uncomfortable, huh?"

Branch nodded a bit and rolled over to face her.

Poppy smiled and hugged him loosely.

Branch nuzzled her and she smiled more, "There we go, little bro..relax, okay? I'll protect you, I promise."

Branch wiggled around a bit before settling down.

Poppy smiled at him, keeping him trapped in the hug.

Poppy rubbed his back and eventually Branch was lulled to sleep.

She smiled as he slept, she knew it would be deep enough for him to sleep through the thunder storm.