the dangers of love

The guards heard a loud noise and quickly ran towards its source. They were uncertain whether they were being attacked or if something had upset their superior. However, they knew that they would be held accountable no matter the cause of the commotion.

They moved quickly with guns strapped on, ready to fire at any unidentified person. They took no chances and ran down the stairs, some even jumping towards the noise. When they reached the kitchen, all they saw was...

There was a tense moment between Nikki and the boss. The boss had his gun pointed at Nikki, who was just sitting there, smiling. Enzo slowly lowered his gun. Then, one of the bodyguards decided to break the silence and speak up.

"Boss, what happened? We heard a gunshot and came here as fast as we could," said the bodyguard to Enzo. He stared back at the bodyguard without blinking, and the bodyguards could tell that he was angry, but they didn't know why.

Enzo broke the silence and reassured everyone that nothing had happened. He added that he just needed some rest. Enzo then started walking towards the stairs but stopped to glance back at the bodyguards who were standing there looking bewildered. He ordered them to return to their post and continue guarding, as he had already confirmed that he was okay. He warned them not to press him any further.

"And the guards did exactly that, except for one person. There was a bodyguard who stayed behind. Killer, look, I don't know who you are, but I know something isn't right here. He just wouldn't shoot for no reason." The killer started to walk up to Nikki with a cold glare.

Nikki frowned.

"I agree that something happened, but it's none of your business. As your boss said, stop pressing it." Nikki got up and turned around. "We were just discussing some business that will benefit both of us," Nikki smirked as she walked towards the door. She stopped and turned her head towards Killer. "Oh yeah, one more thing. Please tell your boss that it was a pleasure doing business with him." Nikki walked out of the door and saw her driver waiting for her.

Nikki got into the car, and the driver had the door opened, ready to go. As they started to pull off, they stopped by the front gate. The guard approached the car, inspected it, and signaled for the control room guard to open the gate. Once the gate was open, the car pulled off, and the gates started to close.

Nikki waited until they were out of the Valentine territory before making a quick call. She dialed a number, and a woman's voice answered, "Hello?" Nikki said, "The job's done. He agreed to the deal." The woman on the phone replied, "Good. Now we just have to sit and wait for it to play out." Nikki nodded and hung up the phone, smiling. "Sigh, I need my feet rubbed."

Back at the mansion an hour earlier before the gunshot.

"Naah, I'm just kidding. Ryuk and I are not together. We are just business partners. Besides, I'm already dating your sister, Angela. But we need to discuss business." Nikki's face turned serious, and Enzo raised his eyebrows, waiting for a response.

Nikki cleared her throat.

There have been numerous reports of supplies going missing. These reports involve high-value items, such as drugs, guns, and organs.

Enzo's eyes darkened as he ran his long pale fingers through his hair, letting out a deep sigh.

"Can you please clarify why you are sharing this information with me? It appears to be related to your situation, not mine."

"We believe they are coming after you next, so I thought we could team up to take them down."

"That's not a bad idea, but what am I doing this for? What's in it for me?" Nikki smirked and spoke. "Well, Enzo, you'll get to meet your beloved me and Ryuk. We teamed up as well, and so did your sister Angela."

Enzo was excited at the thought of meeting Ryuk someday and hoped to touch him.

"I'm in, no questions asked." Nikki was shaken. She knew Enzo was whipped, but not this much. She spoke, "Wait, what? You don't even know who we are going after?"

"It doesn't matter. Just tell me where we'll be having our meetings and stuff."

"Oh, okay. So we'll meet here at xxxxx next week."

End of flashback.

Nikki sighed as she put down her phone. The things people do for love are unbelievable. Ryuk doesn't even remember Enzo. She hoped he was on the right path. "I'm so worried about that man," she said.

Tomorrow will be a double update with longer chapters.

Yours truly, ♤bigma4life♤.