06. 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐳𝐞

"Rea, are you ready?" Reo's voice echoed from downstairs while his sister meticulously inspected herself in the mirror, ensuring nothing was amiss. She donned a white dress, just above her knee, a long-sleeved, off-shoulder piece that Nagi had gifted her for her last birthday. It had remained untouched until now, reserved for a party.

"Coming!" She grabbed her mini bag and descended the stairs. Nagi and Reo stood waiting for her. Reo had insisted Nagi accompany them to the Mikage household, knowing he'd never attend the party on his own. Nagi wore a grey outfit, while Reo sported purple, the hue complementing his eyes and hair. The youngest of the trio then joined them.

"Whoa, isn't that what you gifted her last year, Nagi?" Reo glanced at Nagi, who furrowed his brow in confusion.

"Did I?" Nagi scratched his head, not recalling much about it since Kaori and Reo had aided him in selecting the gift.

Shaking his head, Reo led the way out. The trio was dropped off by the substitute driver for Naoto, who had to visit his hometown. They settled in the backseat, and Rea swiftly claimed the corner, leaving Rea and her brother vying for the same spot and Nagi resigned to the middle with a sigh.

Upon arriving at the party, Nagi and Reo set off to find their teammates, while Rea spotted Kaori with Bachira and Kai. Bachira and Kai departed shortly after Rea's arrival, exchanging a brief greeting. Scanning the attendees, Rea noticed a majority of older guests. Given that it was Chigiri's elder sister's birthday celebration, alcohol was on offer. A small bar stood at one end where some boys were already downing shots.

"It's quite crowded, huh?" Kaori's words captured her purple-haired friend's attention. "Older folks, alcohol, and some attractive girls are milling about."

"And are we the only teenagers, aside from my brother and his friends?" Rea inquired as a waiter extended a soft drink to her. Accepting it, she passed one to Kaori.

"There were a few girls from our batch," Kaori mentioned between sips. "Most seem to be unfamiliar faces, probably friends of Chigiri's sister."

"I see," Rea acknowledged, taking a sip. "Shall we try some alcohol?"

Rea's mischievous grin appeared as Kaori's eyes widened in surprise. "I'm not sure that's a good idea, Rea."

"Then just wine, pretty please!" Rea pleaded until her friend relented with a sigh. They made a beeline for the bartender and requested wine. Engaging in a relentless conversation, they covered a myriad of topics. The chatter was spontaneous, often meandering through Kaori's bubbly tales and Rea's willingness to lend an ear, especially to stories revolving around dramas or anime.

"See what we got here?" A voice startled Rea, nearly at her ear. She jerked, twisting her neck to spot two imposing figures whose pink neon eyes pierced through Rea's purple irises. She observed the blond-haired guy with pink strands at the ends and another with blonde hair featuring blue streaks. "You're Mikage's sister, right?"

"What if I am?" Rea arched her brow. "Got a problem, big guy?"

Kaori hissed Rea's name, noticing the tense stare-off between Rea's purple eyes and their neon pink ones.

"She does have a mouth, huh?" The blond with pink strands stuck out his tongue and extended his hand. Rea glimpsed an earring on his tongue. "I'm Ryusei Shidou, and this is Michael Kaiser."

"Okay." Rea pivoted to Kaori, who already wore a panicked expression. She knew these two boys from the other school carried hefty reputations. No one dared to confront them due to the expected consequences—broken bones and limbs. Yet here, Rea Mikage was blatantly ignoring their presence as if they were mere insects.