27: 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

Eight Years Later

"Don't you guys have a TV at your home?" Nagi grumbled as the bunch of boys gathered in his visiting room to watch the latest Spanish program, Global Athlete Junction.

"Like we have always watched her together, why don't we try it now too?" Bachira said, walking with his fiancée. "Kao and I were rooted for her from the beginning, unlike you guys, so you should give us some credit."

"Here we go again." Kai face-palmed as he laid on Reo's shoulder, who was turning the channel. Reo and Kai started dating five years ago, causing a big surprise to everyone. Kai Aoki was liking Reo Mikage before he even met Rea. He was happy when Rea Mikage accepted his friendship, so he was able to get closer to Reo Mikage.

With time, Kai Aoki confessed his feelings, catching Reo Mikage completely off guard because he always had a thing for girls, especially mature women. But even confusing himself, he started to fall for Kai, and eventually, they started dating, though Mikage parents still didn't approve.

Nagi and Reo played for Manshine City while Bachira for FC Barcha. They all became successful in their soccer careers, while Rea was able to become an Olympic gold medalist last year. Kai Aoki became the swimming coach at their high school after they graduated because he wanted to share how beautiful swimming was.

The Mikage siblings were involved in business, and Rea played a major role compared to Reo because he had a busier schedule. But on this particular day, Rea Mikage became the champion of the FINA World Swimming Championship, bringing another victory for Japan.

Nagi Seishiro proposed to her before she left for Spain for her final competition in her swimming career. It was unknown by anyone because Rea thought it would be better to keep it to herself until the right time. When Nagi Seishiro proposed to her on his knees, she realized her life was meant to be spent with him until the end of the line, as she wholeheartedly loved the sluggish soccer boy, which had already become new gossip in the sports industry.

The eight years made a huge difference for everyone. Takashi Kaori became a painter, as she always wanted to be.

"Guys, shut it." Reo said as Kai straightened up on the couch. "It's time."

All of them sat in the living room, Kaori and Bachira on the floor, and Nagi sat with Reo and Kai on the sofa. Reo even arranged snacks for his sister's show.

"Buenas noches, Barcelona! Welcome to 'Global Athlete Junction,' the show where cultures collide, and sporting excellence takes center stage." A young Spanish lady spoke in English, smiling. Behind her was a panoramic view of Barcelona's cityscape. She was sitting on a couch with crossed legs. "I'm your host, Savannah López, and tonight, we have a special treat for you as we welcome two incredible athletes who've left an indelible mark on the global sports scene."

The camera pans to the guests, Rea Mikage and Sae Itoshi, as the bunch watching the program in Japan had their mouths hanging open. Nagi frowned. "What was Itoshi doing there?"

"It was unexpected." Bachira added.

"Joining us from the Land of the Rising Sun, we have the enchanting Rea Mikage, whose aquatic grace has earned her the title of Olympic Swimming Gold medalist." Savannah turned to Rea. "¡Bienvenida, Rea!"

"Gracias, Savannah!" Rea smiled. "It's a pleasure to be here."

"And, of course, the football maestro himself, Sae Itoshi, a key player in the New Generation World XI. Sae, great to have you on the show!"

"Thank you, Savannah. Excited to be here!" But Sae Itoshi's response was void of a smile yet he was trying to be a bit pleasant.

"Now, tonight is not just about victories on the field or in the pool. It's about the stories behind those victories, the journeys that transcend borders. So, let's dive into the ocean of experiences and celebrate the diverse talents that make our global sports community so extraordinary."