26: 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧

"Oh my gosh. Reo-senpai, Nagi-senpai, Bachi!" Kaori gushed, staring at the three boys walking to her to take their seats. She contented herself not to throw herself on Bachira with overwhelming happiness. "And Chigiri-kun too?"

Kaori was surprised to see them because Rea had told her that she was upset since the cheering crowd of family wouldn't attend to see her swimming in Nationals. It had been three weeks since the BlueLock Cross Eleven played a match with Under twenty's Japan's team. Precisely, BlueLock Cross gained the victory, and Kaori and Rea attended too.

A week prior to the soccer match, the swimmers were released from the facility, and their training was over. Surprisingly, Mikage Corporation didn't halt sponsoring the project, seeing how far Reo Mikage had come. When Rea explained everything that happened in BlueLock Cross, their parents were proud of what their kids achieved.

Unfortunately, Rea's parents wouldn't be able to make their appearance. But they never forgot to inspire her and wish her good luck, which was the first time she ever received such a wish from her parents before a swimming race. Plus, Reo and Nagi didn't seem to be allowed to leave the BlueLock facility, which was renamed after that name since swimmers were no longer there.

Today was the day that players got a week off from the BlueLock facility. Reo kissed the idea of surprising his sister, so he attended the National Swimming Championship meet. There were medley relays that were already over, and their awards were already given. And lastly, the most intriguing competition remained to the last.

"Hi, Takashi-san." Chigiri waved. "Thought to watch Mikage-san and Aoki swimming."

"Yeah, you were right on time." Kaori said. "Next is their race. Let's cheer for them."

"Do you think we have to cheer for Kobayashi too?" Bachira thought out loud. "After all, three of them were on the same team with us."

"I'm not a big fan of cheering like you." Chigiri said. "Let's see!"

The Aquatic Stadium was a marvelous space designed to showcase the fluidity and grace of swimming. A colossal pool, meticulously maintained, took center stage. Its crystal-clear waters reflected the beautiful lights, creating a mesmerizing spectacle. The pool stretched seamlessly, marked with sleek lane dividers, creating the perfect stage for the athletic prowess about to unfold.

Surrounding the pool was a tiered seating arrangement, accommodating thousands of spectators where Rea and Kai's friends were among them. The stadium exuded an air of anticipation, heightened by the subtle hum of excitement that permeates the venue. The seating was strategically arranged to offer optimal views of the entire pool, ensuring every spectator has a front-row experience to witness the thrilling competition.

"Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed guests, and devoted swimming enthusiasts, welcome to the National Freestyle Swimming Competition – the ultimate battleground where dreams of representing Japan in the upcoming Asian Games take flight! Today, we witness the culmination of incredible talent and unwavering dedication in the Under 20 400m Freestyle Swimming race."

The crowd applauded with loud cheering. They were eager to see the competition start.

"Before we dive into the action, let's extend a warm invitation to all our talented swimmers. As we prepare for this exhilarating competition, we kindly request all participating athletes to make their way to the designated area. Your moment on the stage awaits!"

Athletes, adorned in sleek swimsuits, stood poised at the starting blocks. Everyone began to cheer, seeing the swimmers approaching the designated spots.

"Rea-chan! Kai! Kobayashi!" Bachira yelled from the front row, taking three named teenagers by surprise. Rea's eyes widened seeing her brother waving at her. She was now over the moon, smiling widely, seeing Reo and Nagi among the crowd. Her hands clapped on her mouth, clearly surprised, causing Reo to chuckle. "Do your best!"