28: 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Nagi Seishiro stood before the framed wedding photo that adorned their living room. The image captured a moment frozen in time, a testament to the beauty of the woman who had become his wife. The passage of years hadn't diminished her allure; if anything, it had deepened the connection he felt to her. She was the embodiment of elegance, the first face he ever saw, the girl he chose and who chose him.

With measured steps, Nagi entered the room to find Rea leaning against the bedpost, engrossed in a book. He gently laid beside her, his hand tenderly resting on the swell of her belly. "Hello, baby. How was your day?"

Rea looked up from her book, her eyes meeting Nagi's. A chuckle escaped her lips as she witnessed his endearing interaction with the unborn child. Ever since discovering Rea's pregnancy, Nagi had developed a habit of conversing with their soon-to-arrive bundle of joy. It was a display of childlike wonder that never failed to warm Rea's heart; a quality she had fallen for in the beginning.

"Oh." Rea's eyes widened, mirroring Nagi's own expression.

"He kicked, didn't he?" Nagi's eyes widened, and he placed his ear against the belly, resting between her legs. "Hi, there. Can you hear me? Of course, you can. I can't wait to meet you."

"Sei, what are you doing?" Rea chuckled, running her fingers through his white hair.

"Shush, I'm talking to him," Nagi said, a light chuckle escaping Rea's lips as she went back to her book. "I've never waited this long for anything. But it will be worth it in a couple of days."

"I hope you like playing soccer. We're gonna play together," Nagi whispered, wrapping his arms around Rea, sulking. "Hey, can you kick again?"

"Sei, don't be silly," Rea closed the book, looking down at her husband. "The baby's not gonna kick just because you want him to."

"But he did it just a few minutes ago; I want to feel it again," Nagi pouted. "I'm tired of waiting, Rea. It's boring."

"I know." Rea combed Nagi's hair, smiling. "Not so long, Sei."

Once more, the baby kicked, eliciting a smile from Rea.

"I felt another kick!" Nagi held Rea's belly gently. "Maybe we should have the baby play soccer."

"Seriously, Sei?" Rea laughed. "Let him choose at least. What if he likes swimming? Normally, we kick in swimming too."

"No, no. He's gonna play soccer," Nagi insisted. "Am I right, baby?"

"No, he's gonna follow mommy's path," Rea teased Nagi further. "Right, baby? You're gonna swim, yeah?"

The baby kicked again, and Rea burst into laughter. "See, I told you. He's gonna listen to mommy."

"That's unfair," Nagi looked at her. "I'm gonna persuade him when he's born."

"Please let him grow at least until eight, Sei," Rea pinched his cheek. "You're too adorable when you act like this."

"Am I?" Nagi's mouth formed an 'x' as Rea nodded.

"Of course, you are, honey," Rea said, as Nagi leaned in for a tender kiss. Her palms rested on his cheeks as they locked eyes. "You are too adorable for me to handle."

"And you're too nice for me to handle."

Nagi sealed their lips with a passionate kiss, savoring the depth of emotion that had blossomed since their teenage years. When he learned that Rea retired from swimming to share their lives after marriage, it touched his heart deeply. Day after day, Nagi Seishiro found himself falling even harder for her.

Perhaps it was fate—an unbreakable red thread intertwined a splash and a strike, weaving a love story that outstripped time.

~ End.

A/N

Hi lovelies,

Thanks a bunch for reading this story. Your votes, comment and support means the world. Until next time, Happy Reading!

~ monoceros_x ✒