*|* Chapter 1 *|*

(Aria's POV)

I settled onto the soft plush carpet, legs crossed, in my best friend's living room. My laptop on the coffee table right in-front of my, I indulged in some random YouTube videos.  As I watch the video sounds were the only sounds I could hear until a distinct Ding disrupted my repose.

(Message: Hello Aria. We are short-staffed and need someone to work 5 to 10 tonight. Are you able to work?)

My manager, a predictable experience in my Thursday routine, my manager always sends me a message summoning me to work. I have a strong feeling Chloe, "the absentee" as I like to call her, is likely the culprit again – She does not have the ability to not take early exits or do last-minute "sick" calls, and we all know it at work. Contemplating my options, I pondered the idea of a cozy night in, cuddling with my plushie friends, indulging in a marathon of my Favorite movies. 

After a brief internal debate, I rationalized that while the movies in bed was undeniable great! Sometimes gaining money is even better!! 

(Aria Message: Yep! I can work tonight. See you soon! Insert smile emoji

(Manager Message: Great! Thanks for that, Aria. Oh, and just a heads up, closing early tomorrow. Because you picked up the shift, I'll cancel your tomorrow shift. Chloe will cover.)

A sigh escaped me – the first Friday off in ages not snatched away. I grab my phone setting an alarm as a reminder, I returned to the video I was watching on YouTube. 

The clock ticked towards 3 o'clock, , as my friend Brianna (Bri for short) emerged from her room of messy captivity.

"Good morning, Aria." she greeted groggily. 

"Good afternoon, you mean!" I quipped, and she shot me a mockingly scary look.

As Bri prepared some food, she settled in behind me on the couch. Engaging in our usual banter. 

"So, how did you sleep, and did you have any dreams?" I asked, with a teasing smile 

"Good sleep, actually, but I don't think I had any dreams. Honestly, I've probably forgotten them already. Sorry, Aria," Bri confessed, a touch of remorse in her expression.

"That's all right! There's always tomorrow," I reassured her, wearing a wide smile. 

The chatter resumed, covering the spectrum of life's randomness, until the loud sound of a reminder on my phone started to go off. Apologizing to Bri, I explained I had to work tonight but reveled that I'd be free tomorrow to do something with her. Her eyes lit up with a bright smile as she shared plans of Josh's visit and them planning to visit the new club that she is working at as a bar tender. 

I head into my room and I slip into my work uniform and grab my tote bag collecting the essentials I might need and then grabbing the keys on the kitchen bench . 

"Bri, I'm heading to work now talk to you tonight!" I called, a brief farewell hanging in the air. I closed the door behind me, and then started to embark on the thirty-minute journey to work. 

After what felt like an eternity, I managed to arrive ten minutes ahead of schedule, As I entered, the ambient hum of conversations and clinking cutlery however my attention was swiftly drawn to the corner of the restaurant was a group of people in one of the corner booths who look beautiful. Gorgeous even! I made my way to the back to but my stuff away and fix up my hair tying it in a high ponytail.

I clock-in and start my shift. Draping a petite apron around my waist, I armed myself with a notepad and pen, ready to navigate my section and start giving tables in my section water and running food.

Eventually, my section led me to the captivating group in the corner booth , they are even more beautiful up close. A majority of the group comprised well-dressed males, two of the accompanying ladies donned enchanting blue and pink dresses, while the others exuded a sophisticated charm in their black suits.

I thought to myself maybe they wanted something to eat after a fancy dress party? I snap out of my thoughts and proceeded to take their order.

"Hi, my name's Aria I'll be your server today. Can I get you started with anything. Feel free to ask about the specials." I greeted them with a radiant smile,

One of the gentlemen, spoke up. "I'll take a coke, with cheesy garlic bread and a double bacon cheeseburger. The ladies will have water, along with chicken nuggets and chips," he declared, patting the girl in the blue dress on the head.

With their orders secured, I paused before leaving their table – (a server make's sure no detail goes overlooked.) "Alrighty! Is that all for today?" I inquired, only to be startled by an unexpected voice behind me.

"That's all for today, Princess," a velvety voice murmured.

I turn around to find myself locked in a gaze with a remarkably handsome man. His dark brown hair and tailored suit adding to me being lost in a fleeting moment of enchantment, it's like he has a magical spell on me. But all is broken loose when I could hear my manager calling my name bringing me back to reality.

The Man just gave me a little smile and I give him a little smile back , and went back to taking orders, ringing people up and overall feeling butterflies from that moment. 

.

.

.

.

( ** I hope this is okay for the first chapter !! writing is sometimes hard and it might take me a while to write a few chapters so Feel free to add feedback or ideas in comments - EMI **)