Chapter 4

Bang! "Bullseye!" I yell dropping the gun. And if anyone asks, no, I didn't not squeal and jump around in my excitement. I skip out of the target area and head towards Ashley who was talking to our trainer, Chen.

"If you truly do than you would know to call me Xanthos."Chen said. "Hello? Im here too." I say while crossing my arms.

"Ah yes! Ms. Miller, its a pleasure to meet you, i uh see that you got access to the guns." He stated looking at the broken lock holding the guns and ammo. "Yeah you were taking too long so i decided to teach myself."

"Now Leyla you cant just do that"

"I can do whatever i want Chen"

"When your emperor sure, but right now your just a measly little-"

"Xanthos! Please forgive her she did not mean any disrespect." Ashley pleads.

Chen looks at me and then looks at her, an eerie calmness washing over his features. He takes a big breath and turns back to me. "We will not have a repeat of this, will we? Ms. Miller?" He asks threateningly.

I open my mouth to say some sassy retort but Ashley gives my a glance, the message perfectly clear. Don't ruin this, please. So instead i reply "no sir, we wont." Looking at the ground i can hear him straighten his stance and walk away.

I look up and watch as Chen welcomes the newest guards who will be training here today with us today and look over at Ashley. "I can take care of myself you know"

"Your welcome." She grumbled.

"No thanks." I growl at her before walking back to the target area. I start shooting bullet after bullet after bullet after bullet in frustration.

Every. Bullet comes a new thought. I dont need her protection!Bang! I hate this. Bang! They think they can do this to me? Bang! Why is Ashley so ignorant. Bang! Cant she see that i can fight my own battles? Bang! Suddenly my thoughts went a million miles per hour all whisking around in my head like a tornado, ripping up my common sense as my mind fills with rage. Bang! Bang! Bang! And then a soft click.

I freeze, i try again, another click. My tornado settles down as a new emotion clouds my mind, curiosity. I check my barrel, empty.

No ammo, empty. My thoughts come in slower this time. Why am i like this? I get so angry. I have problems. Ashley must hate me now! But Chen did deserve it. But did he? Why do i make everyone leave? Is there something wrong with me? Who? What? No. No. No. stop. Stop. Stop.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Two hours later me and Ashley were in out dorm laying on our beds. Th other girls conversations rang around the room but to me and Ashley it was just silent.

I should apologize to Ashley. I dont know what came over me.

I sigh and get off my bed and tower over Ashley's body on the bottom bunk
"I- i apologize for my actions today." I say bluntly.
She tilted her head in confusion, Before Realisation hit her. "Oh! Your talking about the thing with Chen? Oh yeah no im cool with it, just didn't want you to get in trouble is all. Im not mad don't worry" she told me and she smiled, and I swear her smile lit up the room, despite it being cloudy out she managed to light up the room with a simple action.

Turns out said simple action was also contagious and i soon found myself smiling with her.

"Okay so im going to go for a walk, I'll see you later?" I said, not knowing what to do.

"Yeah! See you Leyla!" She responds waving, and with that i walk out of the room smiling like an idiot with only one thought on my mind.

"She doesn't hate me."

A/N 660 words, really short chapter i know but I'll try to update good chapters so it'll be worth it!