Chapter 10

We stuffed the prince into a bag with handcuffs on and unceremoniously threw him into the trunk of the limousine, which i argued that it as very inhuman and disrespectful to do but Leyla just replied with, "its not like they have feelings." And sat in the vehicle.

I sighed and sat in beide her, forcing myself to look away from the cleanup crew who were disposing of the bodies outside.

This is life, it's just life, and life ends, thats the only reason it's so precious.

We have a silent ride home, back to the grounds, and we pull up into the driveway.

"We're here." The driver says and rolls the window back up before Chen could thank him.

We get out of the vehicle and into the grounds, we swerve towards different passages and come face to face with a highly guarded door.

"We're here to take the prisoner into the dungeons on the emperors authority." Chen says, Linda and Callie are supporting the unconscious elf hading towards the doors, the guards opened the doors and we all walked inside together. Chen stopped me before i could enter the cell area.

"Hey ash." He started. "Yeah? What is it?"

I question. "Look, i understand that you were a bit...hesitant, during that mission." He started out slowly. "Before you say anything, th emperor called me and he's very pleased with you. He wants to make you an official guard. If, of course you swear to take on responsibility of this elf being his, as you may call, a caretaker."

He looked at me, and i didn't know what to say.

I get my very first real mission, a separate mission on the side of the main mission, and being promoted to my dream level?? There was no way i was going to pass this up!

I look at him with a serious expression. "I would love that."

He smiled, eyes gleaming with a foreign emotion and motioned me to follow him to the cells.

The three girls were conversing in the far back of the area, cells on either side, and not very regal compared to the rest of Etheria.

"Ok girls back to you dorms you have training in the morning." The girls finish up their conversation and walk back towards the stairs

"Hey Ashley you coming?" Layla asks.

I walk up to her, "actually, Layla i need to tell you something."

She cocks her head in curiosity and i take that as an opportunity to continue talking. "Chen has informed me that because of my completed side mission that i was to accomplish on our mission, that the emperor wants to make me an official guard." I look down at my feet. Will she be mad that she didn't get that opportunity? But all of my worries washed away when she squealed, i look up at her and into her excited blue eyes.

"Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod! Im so happy for you!" She screamed.

"You are? I thought you'd be mad." She stopped jumping. "Mad!? Im the complete opposite! This is your dream that you have worked so hard for, why would i be mad?"

"Because you aren't an official guard."

"Psh who cares about that crap yeah i think I would be a good guard but I wouldn't be jealous of your successes."

I release a breath that i didn't realize i was holding. She looks at me smiling and then pulls me in for a hug. "I could never be jealous of your successes Ashley. Of you in general, duh! Your awesome! Your funny, and smart, and cool, and pretty and-"

"Okay okay okay, Leyla i get it." I say giggling. We pull out from the hug.

"Well i guess you've got to go now, chen's looking pretty mad over there with his Scarlette face." I state. She looked disappointed but nodded anyways, "see you later?"

"See you later Ley  Ley."

And with that i turn around and meet face to face with chen. "Your job is to watch the elf, bring him food at meal times and whatnot, i have a meeting to get to, and remember, your official guarding is tonight at 9, dont be late!"

And with that he left, leaving me and the unconscious elf, and the other prisoners alone in the same room. I find a barrel to sit on and look over at the prince, they took off his mask and his jacket. I look him over, spiky white hair, pointed ears, pale skin, and a whole black attire, black shoes, pants, shirt, everything. I scoff, they are exactly as what the stories tell of them, bloodthirsty monsters. But then the mysterious old lady's voice sounded in my head.

Why?

A/N 795 words