Chapter 6

Leylas POV

Thump,

thump,

thump.

My heart sang an unknown beat, foreign and strange like a puzzle piece being forced into the wrong puzzle.

Chen guided me, Ashley, Linda and Callie to our dorms.

He instructed that we have an hour of rest before planning our mission, to get over the shock, he said. but that wasn't even what was on my mind.

Not the inconsiderate look he gave towards her body

Not the way he promptly lifted her up like a sack of flour, like a job to just get over.

Like another player in a game that could easily be discarded for there are multiple players, and even more to replace her position.

No, what was on my mind was that someone died, Della died.

Was killed.

By someone, But who? I was being torn apart, part of me wanted to curl up and cry, while the other held me back saying take action. To get Della's revenge.

When we entered the dorm we immediately caught the attention of all the other girls in the dorm, the dorm we stay in has 2 bunk beds on either side of the room, 4 bunk beds in total, with an extra single bed for...her. so 9 kids.

the bathroom is on the left side of the room while there's a big window in front of us on the far side of the wall.

the far right bunk bed is Ashley and I's bed, the one on the far left, across from us, is Callie and Linda the half-siblings bed.
Callie's chocolate brown eyes dimmed with the moment that occurred. Lindas dark emerald eyes unwilling to meet with our peers, who are just bustling with curiosity.

The next bunk bed has Blaine Walton and Cecil Lee. Blaine is 10 years old with chocolate brown eyes and long raven black hair.

Cecil, who's 13 years old, has light brown hair and dark sparkling green eyes, like a gemstone glittering in the moonlight.

It's light and bright but it's not warm like sunlight but rather cold like they're saying mess with Blaine and I'll have your head.

But when she saw that it was just me, she relaxed and turned back to neutral. If your around here for a good enough time, you'll quickly learn that when one is somewhere, the other is most likely near.

"Why is Callie crying?" Blaine asked curiously.

Linda looked at me and the question was clear as day how are we going to explain this? I looked at Ashley who was walking towards her bunk, she sat down and held her head in her hands.

She took a couple of deep breaths and sat straight. "We found  something." She started quietly, now everyone's attention was on her, she looked around at everyone.

Her posture drooped like a wilting flower.  Even if she straightened herself you can tell shes having a hard time, even if she wont admit it nor will she ever show it.

"What did you find Ashley?" Emily O'Brian pressed gently, Being a little annoyed that her uno game on Della's bed with Clara Da Luz was interrupted.

Seeing Della's single bed made all of the images flood my mind again.

"Della! Della!" 7 year old me yelled running up to her.

"Woah kiddo slow down, you're going to hurt yourself" said 11 year old della.

"I am not! Now help me hide! Quick shes coming!" I whisper-yell

"Oh then we must hide you quick!" Della whisper-yells, playing along. Della takes me to her bed and crawls underneath of it. "Quick under here!"

I crawl under the bed with her just in time for 7 year old Ashley to come running in. "Leyla! Give me back my pencil!" Ashley demands.

I giggle and della puts her hand over my mouth, but too late Ashley heard us. She turn to the bed and just before she could see us della yells "attack!" And we tackle Ashley to the ground.she wriggles out and grabs a pillow from Clara's bed and hits della with it. della and i grab a pillow and the battle begins, laughter fills the air, pillows clash, and feathers fly.

"Hey thats my pillow!" Clara yells, charging out of the bathroom.

Ashley hits Clara in the face and Clara jumps at us, we all fall onto the floor laughing. "You little kids are crazy."

Della states in between fits of laughter. Della. Della. "Della, she..." Ashley broke off.

"She...wont be coming back to the orphanage." Ashley said slowly looking at the older kids in the room pleading to them to understand.

Eventually, Emily gasped. Her hazel eyes widened in shock and disbelief, her breathing increased in speed as she tried not to cry, soon her breathing was a short as her dark brown hair, which was in a pixie cut.

Cecil looked somber as she tried her best answering questions to Blaine, who didn't quite understand why della wont be coming back to see them. "But she promised to make flower crowns with me in the park!" Blaine kept insisting multiple reasons why Della wouldn't have abandoned them.

"She didn't abandon us Blaine, she just..well she's taking a vacation."

Yeah up in the sky. i mused

We went to our beds and sat there in silence until an announcement came on the speakers. "Linda Emerson, Callie Jones, Ashley Parker, and Leyla Miller, please report to the meeting room to discuss your mission."

I sighed and slipped on my uniform with the rest of them and we headed towards to meeting room.

That wasn't even enough time to take a nap you liar.

A/N 946 words. That's about the average chapter in a real book so that's good! Little bit more of a filler chapter, isn't Blaine so flipping innocent and cute?? Don't worry, we'll see more of her later.