Chapter 5

Ashleys POV:

I watch Leyla walk out the door as i went back to my own thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking about the woman in my dream, she seemed so...familiar. Her voice, the way she moved, her body structure just seemed to lift a memory box that i couldn't quite open.

It's been 10 minutes since Leylas been gone and Chen walked into  our dorm, all eyes lay on him, the dorm silent as we waited for him to speak.

"The emperor has demanded to see Callie Jones, Linda Emerson, Leyla Miller, and Ashley Parker." I clear my throat.

"excuse me? Umm Leyla went out on a walk but she should be back soon i can leave her a note if you want?" I shyly request.

he looks at me for a second as if analyzing my very soul. "Yes yes, of course do as you must. Tell her to meet us in the Etherial Temple." He says waving his hand as if to say, kids these days.

I grab a piece of paper to write down the information before catching up to the others as we walk to the temple.

When we get there the first thing i notice was the pure white marble doors. The stood proud ad tall reaching at least 10 feet tall.

The temple resembling a castle-like building with two white marble pillars on each side of the door supporting the huge balcony above them. The building itself is a mixture between gold and white with a skylight roof surrounded by golden patterned swirls making it look like the temple had a crown.

We step up the red carpeted stair case with the temple branding out on either side of us just big enough to be a shed each.

Chen knocks on the door and the four of us step inside.

We find ourselves in a mixture of tunnels leading us to what it seem to be, in circles, but sure enough its not to long until i see the majestic doors of the throne room approaching.

Chen pushes the doors open and we see a beautiful golden throne with a the emperor sitting in it.

His white gown Flowing off of his wrinkly body in a weird way but nevertheless i bowed when I entered, as well as everyone else.

"My lord, here are the girls you requested to see with the exception of miss Miller."

"And tell me, Xanthos, what is the reason of miss Miller not being here?"

"Well my lord, the reason for her not being here is because-" he was interrupted by the doors being slammed open and none other than Leyla Miller stood in the doorway

"im here~" she sang.

"What did i miss?" She asks.

"Miss Miller is there a reason for your interruption?" Emperor Commodus demands.

"My reasoning for my interruption in the conversation that i was supposed to be included in? Yeah i got a reason. It's because im supposed to be in it. Now by all means continue."

She then sat criss-cross beside me and the other girls who were still bowing.

"Miss Miller-" Chen started.

"Now Chen, if i may, id like to tell you why i asked you here, preferably without interruptions" and with that he sent a glare towards Leyla, who shrugged. I rolled my eyes, one day it's going to get her killed.

"We have reasoning that The sonorous is planning on an attack on the east side of Etheria and we want to put you lot to the test. After training with us for 8 years we expect the best."

Linda asks "what do you wish for us to do my lord?"

"Ambush them, take them by surprise. Don't kill unless necessary, they may be our enemies but we are not monsters."