✧ 08 ✧ everything has changed

no episode reference

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

October 2000

A flyer with a giant pumpkin and two skeletons clinking solo cups blocked Matty's view as she went to put her books away one Wednesday morning in October. She grabbed it with annoyance, flattening it on her binder.

"You gonna come?" Logan asked, leaning against the locker next to hers. Her eyes read over the flyer.

It was this Saturday, and she knew she had no plans other than to sit at her grandparent's house all night. However, she couldn't let him know that so she shrugged.

"Maybe," she said nonchalantly. "I might have plans."

Logan chuckled and rolled his eyes. "You should come," he insisted "You could bring Charlotte and Briar. I know my cousin is dying to go."

"Lottie is always dying to go to a party. Why should we go to yours?" Matty interrogated, closing her locker to face the blonde boy.

"I-" he hesitated. "-want you to come, Matty."

She raised an eyebrow and finally smirked, "Since you asked so nicely, I guess I'll have to cancel my other plans. Now if you'll excuse me, I have Chemistry."

Logan had turned to walk away when he suddenly called out with a large smile, "You didn't have other plans, did you?"

Matty winked at him before entering the classroom. She looked cool as a cucumber outside, but her heart was racing a million miles a minute as she joined Briar and Charlotte at their lab station.

"Guess who just got us invited to a Senior party?" she announced. Charlotte squealed so loud she received a very stern disapproving look from Mrs. Lockhart.

"How?! Oh my gosh, what party?" Charlotte asked, snatching the flyer from her friend's binder. Once her eyes glanced over the familiar address, they became as large as saucers. "You. Got. Invited. To. Logan's. Halloween. Party?! I asked him if I could come, and he said no!"

"Ah, see-" Briar began, grabbing the flyer from Charlotte. "-that is because he is not trying to get in your pants."

Charlotte gasped at the news from her friend; but before she got a chance to say anything, Matty was snatching the flyer away. She made her way to her lab station with bright red cheeks just as the bell rang. Charlotte had gotten up to follow her, but was scolded to stay in her seat by Mrs. Lockhart before she took a step.

Charlotte spent most of Chemistry class, trying to get Matty's attention, but instead received multiple reprimands from their teacher. Meanwhile, Matty kept her eyes focused on the board, taking notes intensely. She took her sweet time gathering her notebooks from the table once the bell rang. However, that didn't stop Charlotte from yanking her out of her seat and rushing her into the nearest girl's bathroom the moment she could with Briar right on their heels.